Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Expert
Message 61 of 82

Re: Forum pages slow to load

Hi @SeanD,

I will give it a try, but not sure when, and do as you ask.

pompey1898
Expert
Message 62 of 82

Hi @SeanD,

I tried and failed, not surprising given that I am a computer ignoramus, see the PM I sent you.

Hi @Ribblelancs,

Given your CL status and obviously far greater computer skills, judging by your posts on this subject, did you have any joy ?

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 63 of 82

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi @SeanD,

I tried and failed, not surprising given that I am a computer ignoramus, see the PM I sent you.

Hi @Ribblelancs,

Given your CL status and obviously far greater computer skills, judging by your posts on this subject, did you have any joy ?

Sorry for delay.

I’ll try tomorrow or weekend.... probably not much will be be done on BT side at this end of the week.

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 64 of 82

Reading through this thread has thrown up something that only occurs on this thread - Whenever I want to look at an even numbered page this is now displayed 

forum pages.PNG

In order to continue I click on the cancel box . I am signed in when this happens. I have also checked a couple of other threads exceeding 7 pages and do not have this problem.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 65 of 82

Hi @conrad,

Thanks for highlighting this.  This message should not be displayed when you are on Community.  Strangely enough I can replicate this issue and it is also the only thread that I have experienced this on.  The fact I can replicate is a positive, as it should mean Lithium support should have an easier time explaining this.

On a side note, do you experience any delay with forum web pages loading, like has been mentioned on this thread?

I will get on to lithium about the issue you have highlighted.  Thanks again

Sean

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 66 of 82

@SeanD  I currently don't have problems with the web pages but in the past I have. I have found that BT pages particularly MyBT have tended to be the slowest loading pages I use.

pompey1898
Expert
Message 67 of 82

@conradwrote:

Reading through this thread has thrown up something that only occurs on this thread - Whenever I want to look at an even numbered page this is now displayed 

forum pages.PNG

In order to continue I click on the cancel box . I am signed in when this happens. I have also checked a couple of other threads exceeding 7 pages and do not have this problem.

Hi @conrad,

Interesting !

Does the same thing happen with other topics I have started, e.g. :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Daily-disconnects-and-sporadic-slow-speeds/m-p/186875...

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Persistent-disconnects/td-p/1903288

conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 68 of 82

@pompey1898  No it's just this thread only , no other threads seem to be currently affected - it's really bizarre.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 69 of 82

Hi @conrad,

Happy to report that the issue you highlighted has now been fixed.

After doing a bit of digging I found that the cause of this issue was an image that I had included in the signature of @James-C.  All official employees on our site will share the same format of signature, about a month ago I updated all of these signature with the new kudos image, I clean forgot abouts James's profile (Sorry about that james Smiley Embarassed)  The image link was pointing to our testing site which requires a separate login, the same login box that appeared when you accessed this thread.

I have now corrected the image link and have not had the login popup appear since.  I am certain that this is now fixed.  If you come across this issue again please let me know and thanks again for highlighting this.

Cheers

Sean

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 70 of 82

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi @SeanD,

Hi @Ribblelancs,

@pompey1898,

I have sent .HAR files to Sean this morning.