Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 11

Help us improve the navigation of BT.com

Hi Everyone,

I am sure that at one point or another, everyone here has spent time navigating around BT.com, whether that was to seek the answer to a question from our help site or seeking to place an order of some sort.  Within the ‘Get Help’ team we have a dedicated bunch of guys and gals who want nothing more than to make the navigation around our website the best it can be, to ensure that when you visit BT.com you can easily and quickly find what you are looking for.

What better way to understand this than by asking our customers!

I would really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to offer your feedback?  We are keen to get your thoughts on anything and everything to do with navigating our website so let us know what we can do to make this the best possible experience for you

• What part of our navigation to you feel needs improvement?  (If you can share your experience this will really help us understand what work we need to do, to improve)
  • How easy is it to find the information you are looking for?
  • Is it clear on how to carry out certain actions when on BT.com, i.e. Placing an order, upgrading your package, checking your bills or amending your account?
  • Please include any other feedback you think is relevant

We look forward to reading your comments and thank you in advance for taking the time to respond.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Help us improve the navigation of BT.com

@SeanD  This thread is a prime example of the dire state of the BT.com website

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/My-BT-login-confusion/td-p/2116069

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 11

Hello @SeanD,

@SeanDwrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am sure that at one point or another, everyone here has spent time navigating around BT.com, whether that was to seek the answer to a question from our help site or seeking to place an order of some sort.  Within the ‘Get Help’ team we have a dedicated bunch of guys and gals who want nothing more than to make the navigation around our website the best it can be, to ensure that when you visit BT.com you can easily and quickly find what you are looking for.

What better way to understand this than by asking our customers!

I would really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to offer your feedback?  We are keen to get your thoughts on anything and everything to do with navigating our website so let us know what we can do to make this the best possible experience for you

• What part of our navigation to you feel needs improvement?  (If you can share your experience this will really help us understand what work we need to do, to improve)

To answer one of you questions, here's my reply:

1. Well to be honest @SeanD it would be nice to see the BT Service status website look more modern if you understand what I mean, like update it more like HTML5 more etc the reason why I say this is because it's look a bit old and outdated. I'm just a paying BT residential customer & this would be something that could be improved ASAP.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11

@SeanD 

More than once or twice, I've been on bt.com with the intention of changing and/or updating my products and abandoned the process because I wasn't sure what I was commiting to, how it would affect the contract dates of products that I didn't want changed, how it would affect my discounts and ultimately how much it would cost me.

Navigating bt.com really is a trial as some of the questions posed on this forum bear witness to, a good website should be intuitive and informative, sadly the BT website is neither.

Addendum: We all know what waiting time are like at the moment if you try to contact BT by phone, for this reason why not add a ringback option to the BT website so that customers can go about there normal business whilst waiting for a call back instead of holding for upwards of 30 minutes 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry to hear you found the process of changing or updating your products challenging. We really appreciate your feedback and I'll make sure this is passed on to our sales teams. 

I hope you don't mind answering a few more questions:

1. What reasons would bring you to bt.com?
  2. What would really help you get to information more easily?

Thanks,

Andy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

use correct terminology on ALL pages. On registering for the community, I was waiting for a confirmation email and message said if you have not received the email go to my settings page .... doesn't exist. When I tired to post a similar message come up saying go to profile (and was a link) which went straight to where i| needed to go.  Wasted ages loking all over your site for my settings page....

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11

Hi @AndyS_ 

1. I go to the BT website for a variety of reasons but rarely to view my bill as I usually do that using the MyBT app.
Probably the most telling of these reasons is in response to problems posted by other BT customers on the BT Forum who are having problems navigating the site. Other reasons include checking my offers and changing my TV package, I long ago gave up trying to renew my contracts online because of the uncertainty of what I was committing to - I'd rather hang-on half an hour or more waiting for an answer on 150.

2. The ordering process on the BT website is extremley laboured and often involves progressing through multiple pages, why can it not all be done on one page with a summary of changes made at the end and an illustration of costs and discounts applied plus any further information that the customer should be aware of before confirming any commitment

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi  

I  admire your drive to make this  Community forum  and  BT's websites  easier to navigate, but relocating  Mount Everest might be easier, given the  recent responses I have had in my recent communications with your colleagues  in BT Retail.

I  think one good idea might to add a section for third parties, so  either personal or businesses that  that are effected by issues within BT can add their grievances and hopefully get their issues resolved .  I have recently posted a message on these community boards and there definitely wasn't a relevant section on your  forum to post my issue. But then again their isn't an obvious telephone or email address posted on either BT Wholesale or BT retails site ether that fits with the problem I have and my problem is not unique either.  So perhaps you need to publicise on your website,  who we should contact in case business's or individuals have the  same issue as i am having with BT. Also their needs to be better internal training and communication's to staff about the fact that issues within BT can adversely effect Individuals and Business's that are not your customers and there needs to be an easy route to resolving these problems.  in my recent telephone communications  I felt like I was talking to a brick wall and felt that because I wasn't a BT customer and our Business is not a BT customer either  that our Issue didn't matter. If you want to find out what the Issue is please head to this link.  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-com-Community-feedback/BT-DNS-Cache-Issues-for-our-company-website-ht...

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11

This maybe a little off-topic but hopefully, given it's prominence on the forum at the moment, I will be forgiven.

Why can BT cloud not follow the same model as Googles G-Drive ? It's so much more user friendly and reliable than BT Cloud

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

+1
0 Ratings