cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickLz
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

How do I persuade somebody to connect my new-build house to a phone line?

Four months since ordering a BT phone line and broadband and still not connected. So far we have had a Kelly engineer turn up and say, "Can't do what I have been told to do as the pole is too far away and the line would have to go over a house (not a surprise to anybody). Then a surveyor from OpenReach came and said, "It needs to come across the road from the pavement opposite" (also not a surprise). Then another Kelly engineer came who said' "They have told me to connect it to that pole over there but I can't because it is too far and it would have to come over a house" (sounds familiar?)

Then a subcontractor came to survey bringing it over the road and said, "Fine, I'll be back in a week or two. We shouldn't need a road closure". Nothing happened. Spoke to BT - they alleged that Council said they needed a road closure which couldn't happen before 17th September. Spoke to Council Highways who said " No we don't, and there is some booked-in work from BT across to your house for next week". Two weeks later - still nothing.

Pathetic.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: How do I persuade somebody to connect my new-build house to a phone line?

@NickLz wrote:

Four months since ordering a BT phone line and broadband and still not connected. So far we have had a Kelly engineer turn up and say, "Can't do what I have been told to do as the pole is too far away and the line would have to go over a house (not a surprise to anybody). Then a surveyor from OpenReach came and said, "It needs to come across the road from the pavement opposite" (also not a surprise). Then another Kelly engineer came who said' "They have told me to connect it to that pole over there but I can't because it is too far and it would have to come over a house" (sounds familiar?)

Then a subcontractor came to survey bringing it over the road and said, "Fine, I'll be back in a week or two. We shouldn't need a road closure". Nothing happened. Spoke to BT - they alleged that Council said they needed a road closure which couldn't happen before 17th September. Spoke to Council Highways who said " No we don't, and there is some booked-in work from BT across to your house for next week". Two weeks later - still nothing.

Pathetic.

Hi @NickLz 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm really sorry for the time it is taking to connect your services.  I understand that the address is a new build and these types or orders can take longer depending on the work that is needed.

As this has been going on for so long we will be happy to pick this up and give you a hand from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Message 3 of 3

Re: How do I persuade somebody to connect my new-build house to a phone line?

Thanks for taking my call @NickLz .

I will be case managing this case moving forward, as agreed I will follow up with you by Friday with an update.

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”