cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirsten2
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

How do I sync calendar now yahoo not supported

I updated email settings on phone today as yahoo no longer used and now calendar has disappeared. I can see it on webmail but on phone & it will not verify any settings I try. What is the server details for calendar?? 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: How do I sync calendar now yahoo not supported

Hi @ Kirsten2, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Check out Setting up your calendar and syncing contacts in iOS and let me know how you get on.
Cheers
John

Kirsten2
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

This doesn’t work as the yahoo calendar returns an error message. Numerous others have said this on this forum too. 

Message 4 of 11

Hi @Kirsten2, I'm sorry syncing calendars via emails clients is not possible anymore on BT Yahoo mail so you won't be able to sync it using your phone. Yahoo now recommends only using webmail to view the calendar.

Kirsten2
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Might be worth adding this info to the email that BT send telling customers to update their settings. Hopefully that way others won’t waste hours like I did. A truly appalling service, thanks BT!

casmal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

How do I view my webmail calendar on iPad on my Safari or Google?  I cannot see any link or icon that I can click on to view it!  I used to use Puffin web browser, which was brilliant and showed the webpage as it is in Windows, but Apple discontinued that app and the format in Safari, Google, etc. are quite different.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Log onto your email account and change the view on your browser to "Desktop site" and it will look the same as on Windows. You will then be able to select the BT calendar but clicking on the button in the menu bar at the top of your email page.

casmal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks, I thought yay, a way through, but I am only given that option in Google and when I click on it, I just get an error message, including “not found”!  So, back to square one!

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

I use Chrome on my tablet and phone and I can set it to use the "Desktop View" so I have no idea where you are getting a message "can not be found".

Are you using the BT email calendar or some other calendar? If it is not the BT calendar you would need to set your BT calendar up.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48416/~/setting-up-your-calendar-and-syncing-contacts...

casmal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

By Google, I meant Chrome.  On the drop down menu, (the three dots in the top right) I get the option “request desktop view” I clicked on that and was taken to a page which contained merely an error message.  It did this twice.  I have tried it again just now and the page refreshes, but the format is exactly the same!  On other search engines there is not even anywhere I can click to get a drop down menu!

As for the Calendar, yes it is the bt calendar.  I have seen that link before and checked it out, but I am loathe to follow those steps as I fear I will loose everything on my iPad calendar.  BT directed me down a similar route when they messed up the change from Yahoo to bt and I lost everything!  I really don’t want to go down that route again!  

I appreciate your help, but none of the solutions work.