cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: I want to leave BT they are the most useless organisation I know of

@phil15wrote:
As I said - email?

and who answers that email ? BT have never had ceases by email, never.
Billing teams were upskilled to help keep the nation connected and provide support to the nation who are working from home, sales advisors were upskilled to help with billing, I'm sure they are doing their best in a difficult situation.

Hundreds of thousands have lost their jobs, they can't afford to pay the bills, BT have to support them to stop people getting into debt, elderly and vulnerable were prioritised with caps on their bills because they couldn't leave their homes but still had to sort bills and arrange food in their cupboards, all broadband allowances were removed, BT Sport credits were given and so much more because of the way life has changed.

Honestly your comment "Why should I have patience - I don't pay them a fortune for me to have patience." is really, really selfish on the grand scheme of things.

If you want to leave you ring 0800 800 150 and wait for your call to be answered, lines are open :

Monday to Friday 8am until 9pm
Saturday 8am until 8pm
Sunday 9am until 6pm

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

This has already been pointed out, if you want to migrate to another provider , it’s not BT you would contact but the provider you want to move to, it’s them using the common ordering portal that will advise BT that you are off, you don’t need to contact BT at all.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Been going on since last November when OpenReach faffed about on the outside lines and boxes in the local area. How much longer should I wait? I'm 77 now so really probably haven't got the time needed. I pay top dollar for the service so why shouldn't I be a bit miffed. Supposed to be Halo2, thought that would sort the problem, it didn't. Could go on and on and tried phoning but get cut off when talking to them and asked to wait for another operator. For a "Communications" company it's a disaster.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Thanks for that. I used to have BT as TV provider too but they couldn't sort out the pixelating I was getting so went to Sky since when no probs on that score. Used to be a comms analyst so understand signal paths etc and wish I had my old work gear to really have a look at what is wrong but I know what happens with dodgy signal paths and that's what I've got.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Er, I'm already paying top dollar, supposed to be on Halo2, what a larf.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

77 now and shortly 78, don't know how long I've got to be patient and wait.  Paying top dollar for Halo2, they talked me into that by saying it was the dog's bllx but can't say I agree.  Going on since last November when they worked on the lines and boxes in the area but they reckon all is fine, I just happen to disagree.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Join the ever-expanding club!  Having problems here as well with TV contract.  Can't get to speak with anyone, logged a complaint with Resolver weeks ago to which I got no reply, then today they set up a new TV contract order on my account with no explanation.  I'm tempted to just cancel my direct debit, I'm pretty sure someone will want to speak with me then!

And yes, I'm empathetic to how hard it is working from home during the current crisis, however a lot of other companies have gone out of their way to make life easier for the customer by giving more options to amend things online.  Having phone as the only form of contact does not work unless you have the staff to cope with it!

Best of luck with leaving. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

This has already been pointed out, if you want to migrate to another provider , it’s not BT you would contact but the provider you want to move to, it’s them using the common ordering portal that will advise BT that you are off, you don’t need to contact BT at all.

I think that you're wrong here - my new provider has told me (as have others) that BT needs to be contacted by phone and advised that you are leaving otherwise you could be liable for charges. 

The virus has become the universal excuse for poor service.

As many other are saying BT needs to up their game.

Look up the words 'BT' and 'useless' - it would take you all day to read the results. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

The migration process is gaining provider led, you contact them, they contact your old provider and in effect serve your notice.....who is your ‘new’ provider, just so anyone reading this will know how knowledgeable their customer service reps are....don’t believe anyone here, go have a look on Ofcom’s site or do a simple search 

You previously accused BT of being a monopoly, yet you have apparently picked another provider ( who don’t know migration processes ) so how does that stack up as a monopoly ?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

You may be a 'recognized expert' but I'd rather believe Plusnet.

I'm off now and won't be returning.

Good luck to all who have to put up with BT.

Who are you 'experts' anyway - are you employed by BT?

0 Ratings