cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moe70
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Make a New Message under Topic

How do you create a new message under a topic. Surely if we are following other people's messages regarding a certain subject and we want to make up our own message. Why isn't their a New Message button on each page. Do we create the message and the administrators just move them to what they consider to be the correct area. 

8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Make a New Message under Topic

See https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage

How do I post a message?

To post a message:

1. Go to the board where you want to post.
  2. Click the New Message link.
  3. In the Subject field, enter your message title.
    Tip: Make your subject clear and concise, as it's the only part of the message that shows up on the message-listing page.
  4. In the Body field, type your message. Be sure to include all necessary details, especially for technical topics.
  5. Format and spell check your message, as needed.
  6. Click Submit Post.

Its slightly different now, It says "Post a Question"

Image1.jpg

Moe70
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I don't see the new message link. That's why I have to either use the quick reply or start a new message at the beginning of the community. Perhaps it's because my status is Beginner.
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

See https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage

How do I post a message?

Its slightly different now, It says "Post a Question"

Image1.jpg

As usual, BT change things and don't update their help pages.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

@Moe70 wrote:
I don't see the new message link. That's why I have to either use the quick reply or start a new message at the beginning of the community. Perhaps it's because my status is Beginner.

It should make no difference. You managed to post a new message on this board.

Which board are you trying to post on, and I can show you a screenshot of the page.

Maybe this will help?

Are you trying to start a new thread on the forum?

Its always best to do this, instead of hijacking an existing thread, but it can be difficult to
find out where to start.

Try these direct links, if you are not signed in, then you will have to do that first.

Landline Phones

BT Mobile

Normal BT Broadband - ADSL

BT Superfast VDSL

Connected devices and broadband discussions - wireless etc

Broadband extras like BT Cloud and Parental controls

BT YouView

BT Sport - there are three choices here

Billing, new orders, problems placing or progressing orders

Email problems

Message 6 of 9

Thanks for flagging this to me @Keith_Beddoe,

I'll get this updated to reflect our changes after the weekend.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Moe70
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

When I first joined, l had used the drop down menu and chose Landline. Not seeing that there wasn't anything regarding my problem, I had to go back to the home page to create a new topic. When I wanted to find out about the scam telephone calls I keep getting, I read several posts regarding that number, but I couldn't find the solution, so I wanted to make a new message about my problem. It was on that page, there was no button where I could create my query unless I used someone else's reply button. I didn't realise that I would have to go to the Community page to do this. After uploading my message why there wasn't anything to create a message on each page under the topics  I read the replies and found its being looked at. And yes, I always log on before I read or create messages as I'm not browsing.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

It used to be a lot easier before the forum layout was changed, which is why I created a page of links on my website.

Its that page of links which I reproduced on my last post.

I agree, its not very intuitive, which is why we see many posts which hijack an existing thread, and have to be moved to their own thread, otherwise things get very confusing.

Moe70
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Now I'm in the swing of things, I'll use the links and filter down to the subject matter.

That's the trouble with updates, they bring in new ideas and leave off the working ones.