cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

New Area Needed For Email Migration Questions and Issues

Please may we have a new Forum area that is dedicated to the email migration. There are bound to be matters arising - I can think of one straight off - what happens to all those Disposable email addresses we set up in BTYahoo? Will they survive? Will they continue to be forwarded to the account under which they are created?

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: New Area Needed For Email Migration Questions and Issues

I agree about a new forum for this:)

Sadly they are to go. The following link gives as much info as we're currently going to get - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44789/?s_cid=con_FURL_email_newemail

Disposable email addresses

Sorry, disposable addresses or aliases won't be moving across to BT Mail. We'll be in touch nearer the time with help.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Message 3 of 8

Thanks DS

Sorry, disposable addresses or aliases won't be moving across to BT Mail. We'll be in touch nearer the time with help.

What??? Nearer the time??? I have loads of these, each dedicated to a particular company or organisation or forum, and it will take a long long time to inform them all of the demise, and replace them (Replace them?? with what??)

Given that they are of the ....@yahoo.co.uk format, why can't BTYahoo ensure that at least there is a cushion of time in which they are preserved and anything with the first part (before the hyphen as in......

FloFosterJ2013-IdontTrustThisCompanyATyahoo.co.uk) is forwarded to one's main btopenworld address.

Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

I did hear a rumour that they plan to start in July, so they'd better get their skates on.

I hope they fit and they start helping people like you Flow ASAP.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
postmaster123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Yes, there should be a dedicated section for the mandatory upgrade.
I have posted a query about disposable email addresses, the addresses move over but the colour indicators you can allocate to each one have disapeared, appears to be no facilty to reallocate on preferences, although i was assured option this would remain.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@postmaster123 wrote:
Yes, there should be a dedicated section for the mandatory upgrade.
I have posted a query about disposable email addresses, the addresses move over but the colour indicators you can allocate to each one have disapeared, appears to be no facilty to reallocate on preferences, although i was assured option this would remain.

this is not a mandatory upgrade of email but a total change away from Yahoo with BT setting up their own bt email.  there are many posts about it on the forum

a new board maybe required but there are not enough posts at present I think to justify a new forum board - but once released maybe in a month or so then it may well justify a new forum board depending on posts.  just like smarttalk and btsports

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pjfrench
Message 7 of 8

Apparently there are no plans for a BT Mail App. I use the Yahoo Mail app currently and it allows me to see mail in folders and access my contacts - my standard email app doesn't do that, so not providing a BT Mail app will be a backward step as far as I can see.

Message 8 of 8

@pjfrench wrote:

Apparently there are no plans for a BT Mail App. I use the Yahoo Mail app currently and it allows me to see mail in folders and access my contacts - my standard email app doesn't do that, so not providing a BT Mail app will be a backward step as far as I can see.

There other good mail apps out there.  For android, have a look at K9 a free app.  There is a good [couple of £pounds] pay version called Kaiten.  Both allow you to view all mail accounts on one screen, and even consolidated inbox.

@DS; you know by now that BT's "in July" probably means "by November ish" Smiley Tongue

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."