Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJT80
Expert
Message 1 of 4

New Sign Up

Good Morning, 

Been a Community Member for a good while now (set the account up to help my Father when he was a BT Customer), and I have decided to join BT myself after getting a reasonably good deal via my work!

This post is just a bit of Feedback to BT.

Negative Feedback:

Upon signing up you are (as always) asked about what information you want to be sent to you bt BT (marketing preferences) however this is where I have an issue with BT.  Under GDPR regulations I must consent to be included in Marketing not to be Excluded (ICO - GDPR - Consent), on the form BT has it that I have to Opt Out of being contacted, this is the opposite of what should be happening! 

Clearly this needs to be changed by BT. 

Additionally when starting the process with BT they wish to check my number to establish if it can be migrated over to their network.  I have a London number and even BT can't get the formatting rightBT Number Check Edited.jpg

London has NEVER had an 0203 dialling code, nor does it have an 0207 or 0208 dialling code!  The dialling code for London is 020 followed by the rest of the number in 4 digit sections: 020 1234 5678. 

BT you really need to correct this as well! 

Positive Feedback :

I honestly didn't want this post to be a rant at BT so here is some genuine praise!

When I signed up I was asked if I had an Accessibility requirements (which I don't), and as I know a few friends who are Visually Impaired I ticked that option, BT Impairment.JPG

In the drop down box (blue with Please select written in it) I had the choice of Large Print, Audio CD, Braille and maybe one other option.  Whilst this may seem small to some, the fact BT does this is significant.  Other major companies don't and they should be actively encouraged to do so!

I am yet to get activated but so far all the necessary information has been sent quickly and by e-mail or text as requested, so all round a good service so far :smileyhappy: 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
3 REPLIES 3
CJT80
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Sign Up

Surpised no one has looked at this. 

@DanielS was going to take a look on Sunday just gone. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 3 of 4

Hi @CJT80,

I'm sorry that I haven't replied to you sooner. I've sent your GDPR feedback to the right people and I'm waiting on their reply. As soon as they come back to me I will let you know :smileyhappy:

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
CJT80
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@DanielS

No problem, thanks for letting me know. 

I was very impressed to see the Accessibility options (as noted in the main feedback) when I signed up. :smileyhappy:

I look forward to the GDPR reply. 

Kind Regards
CJT80