cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 8

New forum layout

Oh dear, not much hope is there? They can't even get the forum front page right. The arrows to the right of the categories aren't clickable to expand the category, it is necessary to click the text!!!!!!

forum.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: New forum layout

I would never have thought of clicking on the arrows. I instinctively clicked on the text. I don't see it as a problem.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

I think you must be unique in that GG, I would have thought most people's instinct would be to click the arrows to give a list.

barnpiece
Expert
Message 4 of 8

I did try the arrows too.

And what are the number of items for? Even though I marked things as read they stayed the same.

And if I just wish to look through all categories for new items, how do I do it easily?

Richard

barnpiece
Expert
Message 5 of 8

So the number of items are the number of Forums within that category.

I don't normally search through the forums but do wish just to look at all the new posts in almost all of the Forums.

Don't others work like that too?

Richard

Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

I would have expected that if I click on an arrow then it will do something.  Otherwise, the arrow is totally pointless (if you'll forgive the pun).  There are lots of similar arrows on the BT web site, and they seem to work properly.

When i log in, I have a bookmarked link I use to see all new posts in chronological order. http://community.bt.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread

Because of the way the forum works, to see what's new, I use that bookmark.  Then I log in.  the i use the browser's back button to go back to the chronological list.

barnpiece
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Thanks, Ectophile, for you bookmarked link. Don't know how you found that, but it is very useful.

Richard

HHGTTG
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Oh dear the usual change for changes sake. Nothing really gained other than everyone has one more click to view the page that previously used to be, where all categories, subjects and their subsequent threads could be viewed.

I'm not a very good person to comment, I suppose, as I hate change in anything so I'll leave it there.