Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Online chat helpline Scamming

Hi

I’ve had awful experiences with your online chat helpline the past 2 days. 

Ive accessed it through your website. 

My broadband hub is faulty. I Went on your online chat service as it takes so long to get through on the phone.

On Sunday I started chatting with someone. They said it would be fixed by the end of the day. An engineer would call me.

They never did. So I went back on bt website back into the online chat. The next person would not give me any info unless I gave my full name, address, date of birth, mothers maiden name and tel no. which I refused to give.

So I came off the chat. Tried again. This time the man stated that I would need to contact customer services. He then called me. He said he was calling me and would put me through to customer service so that I would not be charged for the call. He then said he would only direct the call after I completed the survey at the end of the chat. For this I would need to give him the top scores. He waited till I completed this and then connected me to the customer service line. 

I finally called the fibre to home line and got things sorted by a lovely guy called dan. 

But what is happening with your online chat service?!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: Online chat helpline Scamming

Hi @Luwitters welcome to the community and thanks for posting,  I'm really sorry about your recent experience when contacting the chat team, we'll be happy to feed this back as this is most definitely not the level of customer care we expect from our chat team. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with the mod team.