cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paris
Message 1 of 4

Phishing by phone - claiming to be BT

Just received a call from someone claiming to be from BT contacting me because my internet connection had been "compromised". It was clearly a phishing attempt of the type I frequently get claiming to be from Microsoft (even sounded like the same person!). Naturally I told them to stop calling me and put the phone down so just publicising this to warn anyone else getting these kind of calls.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phishing by phone - claiming to be BT

Hi @Paris,

Thank you for posting.  Sadly these types are calls are all too common these days. If you take a look at - Security warning - Fraud activities, there some advice on how to protect yourself from these types of calls.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
lizzieh75
Message 3 of 4

Had a call today from 0013163035925 claiming to be BT and wanting to repair a fault on my internet connection.  Said I could not understand him and he repeated that in some surprise and rang off.  Checked the number and it is from USA and often features in phishing phone calls.

AH2
Message 4 of 4

Three calls already this morning (from three number: 012266 953786/001944 593007/001200 2049980), claiming to be from 'BT Technical Department', telling me that I have router problems and offering to fix them. I've received some before - but never three within the space of an huor.