cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Phishing email from customer@feedback.bt.com entitled "Customer Survey - 5 minutes"

Just want to alert people to the latest phishing scam, with emails apparently coming from customer@feedback.bt.com entitled "Customer Survey - 5 minutes", inviting the recipient to complete an online survey.

The body of the email I received started with: "Thank you for your recent purchase of BT Broadband, your service should now be delivered and available for use.", whereas my most 'recent' purchase of BT Broadband was when I renewed my contract for another 24 months last August, so not exactly 'recent'!  Hence my suspicions were immediately aroused.

BT Customer Services have confirmed to me that no such email has been sent to my email address by BT.

I have since reported the scam email to phishing@bt.com and report@phishing.gov.uk (Action Fraud).

Please be very careful, as this is the most convincing scam email I have seen to date.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phishing email from customer@feedback.bt.com entitled "Customer Survey - 5 minutes"

Hi @andydenyer,

Thank you for you post. Unfortunately there does seem to be an increase in the number of phising emails being received.  

You can find some really useful information here Is the email I have received genuine? which can help to keep you safe online.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings