cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 17

Re: Phone Box charging

@hevweaverwrote:

So maybe this is where the problem lies. My phone call was to a UK landline number from the UK based phone box (obviously). However after dialling the number I went through AUTOMATICALLY to the US (i presumed from the accent and questions) who took my card details and tried to connect the phone call. The call itself lasted less than a minute. However I had no opportunity at any time to make the call myself using an automated system.  Maybe its a very clever way of increasing revenue? But that does'nt make it alright.......shame on you BT for selling off these calls to another provider. 

In addition, I've seen this from the BT pricelist :-

https://www.bt.com/pricing/current/Call_Charges_boo/3545_d0e5.htm#3545-d0e5

the website is badly formed as the link to the company controlling the card calling is wrong. However the company looks to have gone bust (April 2019) :-

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03359963

BBG is in the US (as you've effectively said).

Seems like BT might have a few issues with this .... and this needs dealing with immediately.

Message 12 of 17

Hi @hevweaver,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

We have a contact number for our Payphones. It's 0800661610. They are open 8.30am until 5pm Monday to Friday. You can report this directly to them.

You can also email them on customer.serv.payphones@bt.com and include the location of the payphone and your contact details for it to be properly investigated for you.

Let me know how you get on please.

Thanks

DanielS

CJT80
Expert
Message 13 of 17

@Andy_N 

Section 2 Subpart 4 of the pricing list: 

https://www.bt.com/pricing/current/Call_Charges_boo/0017_d0e6204.htm

"

Subpart 4:Creditcall

The credit card payment service is now operated by BBG Global AG on behalf of BT Payphones. The prices of calls via this service can now be found at the following URL: (no longer works) and may also be obtained by calling BBG Customer Services on (number removed so as not to cause issues) 

At least @DanielS is on the case.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 17

@CJT80wrote:

@Andy_N 

Section 2 Subpart 4 of the pricing list: 

https://www.bt.com/pricing/current/Call_Charges_boo/0017_d0e6204.htm

Which is the same as I posted against the Payphone section 🙂

CJT80
Expert
Message 15 of 17

@Andy_N 

Apologies 

Smiley Happy

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
MNroshandel1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Hi

you do not need to use a credit or debit card to keep the phone usage statistics up.

Making  calls to free phone numbers that begin 0800 and 0808 contribute to phone usage as these calls generate 70p per minute for BT and New World Payphones this is known as the Payphone access charge which has steadily increased over the years, this fee is charged to the owners of the free phone number.

With regards to BBG credit card and debit card call costs, the way this service service works is that they deduct a small deposit of around £7.50 plus charge you for the calls made. This deposit is automatically refunded after a few days. 

I know this post is a bit old but if anybody else has issues with BBG I do have a customer support line for them.

But make sure you make a lot of freephone calls. I make use of payphones that I want to keep everytime I need to call an 0800 number.

MNroshandel1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

To make a call using a card, simply insert your card into the slot and the phone will submit your card details to BBG. If the phone does not have a card reader, you will need to dial 08000320023.