Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 54

Re: Bt Plc rewards pop up on iPad

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

Gnomie

I have no idea why this thread was moved to "The Lounge" board. That board is in my opinion not the place for it so I have moved it to a more relevant board where all the other posts about scam and phishing etc is posted.

You post contains sound advice and if followed should go some way to protecting Internet users.

Because it has nothing to do with BT.com, or this forum community https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-com-Community-feedback/Pop-Ups-on-iOS-12-in-safari-on-an-ipad/m-p/192...

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 54

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

Gnomie

I have no idea why this thread was moved to "The Lounge" board. That board is in my opinion not the place for it so I have moved it to a more relevant board where all the other posts about scam and phishing etc is posted.

You post contains sound advice and if followed should go some way to protecting Internet users.

Because it has nothing to do with BT.

... and neither do all the other posts regarding scam phone calle etc but they are happily left on the other board!!!

You moved posts onto this thread that were not even related to this one. ie. the one about the bt survey!

I give up. You leave the thread where ever you want!

Gnomie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 54

Go to solution

Lol guys just put it somewhere ! Probably my bad picking the wrong forum to start with.

phishing and scams seems somewhat correct to me!

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 54

Go to solution

Survey thread is here https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/BT-survey-pop-up-on-iPhone/m-p/1928380#M2...

I think there were some people who posted on both threads.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 54

Go to solution

@Gnomie wrote:

Lol guys just put it somewhere ! Probably my bad picking the wrong forum to start with.

I think the issue is that people browsing this forum, and seeing that this thread is under the BT.COM and community, will assume its to do with BT, when in fact its a scam, and nothing to do with BT, which I why I tend to put these in the lounge.

Like most scams, whether its fake callers pretending to be from BT or Openreach, they have nothing to do with BT, and have no place at all on these user forums.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 54

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Like most scams, whether its fake callers pretending to be from BT or Openreach, they have nothing to do with BT, and have no place at all on these user forums.

Yes they do have a place on this forum.

If you not allow people to post about these scams which they believe have everything to do with BT and reply to them pointing that they do not originate from BT who will tell them?

It also advises other who look at this forum to be aware of these scam calls.

Gnomie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 54

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@Gnomiewrote:

I think the issue is that people browsing this forum, and seeing that this thread is under the BT.COM and community, will assume its to do with BT, when in fact its a scam, and nothing to do with BT, which I why I tend to put these in the lounge.

But we are BT users and highlighting scams or threats is useful whatever provider you are under? It wouldn’t be right for me as a BT fibre user to post this on a plus net forum? I don’t think it would.

’hi I am a Bt user and I’m am experiencing.....’ - why post that on a plusnet community for example?

personally I would say this particular thread would reside best within a phishing & scams alert sub category. It’s been made clear this redirect isn’t bt’s Fault, but that of a third party.

whats Important is that people understand the spoofing, the fact it isn’t legit, not to fill anything out and block it.

then contact the site owner where the redirect occurred.

I’m new round here, but not to the Internet. Spent many years educating my late father as to why the password ‘letmein’ wasn’t a good idea. Have had Adsl forever (5th connection in Hornchurch first Adsl exchange in uk I was told by engineer who installed)  and fttp for 16 weeks.

with regards to this community being sponsored by BT but not culpable for its content, perhaps that should be clearer to users?

to be fair when I signed up, it struck me more as BT moderated and monitored than by a community that are not all employees 🙂

SCranks
Beginner
Message 48 of 54

Go to solution
@Gnomie wrote:

Keith why does it bother you so much ? You come across as being angry that people are posting about it on here , surely letting other customers know that there is a scam going on via eBay that is claiming to come from BT is important enough ! If it stops people from clicking on it then that’s brilliant isn’t it ?  

If I hadn’t posted on here today then I wouldn’t have got the information that I needed to get rid of the dam thing. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 54

Go to solution

@SCranks 

The guidance for this

BT.com & Community board is here https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-com-Community-feedback/What-type-of-query-should-be-posted-in-the-Gui...

Posts quite often start on this board by mistake, but are moved by either a CL, or a moderator.

I am not angry, I am just trying to keep things in the right place, so that real service issues end up on the right board, and discussions about other websites and scams which have nothing to do with BT, are open for general discussion in the lounge, like they are already on other public forums.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 54

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@SCranks 

The guidance for this

BT.com & Community board is here https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-com-Community-feedback/What-type-of-query-should-be-posted-in-the-Gui...

Posts quite often start on this board by mistake, but are moved by either a CL, or a moderator.

I am not angry, I am just trying to keep things in the right place, so that real service issues end up on the right board, and discussions about other websites and scams which have nothing to do with BT, are open for general discussion in the lounge, like they are already on other public forums.

So why if you look through this board there are very many scam posts that have not been moved. It only seems to be you that moves them to "The Lounge". I don't recall any scam posts starting of their life in "The Lounge".

The Lounge rules are here

https://community.bt.com/t5/The-Lounge/House-Rules-when-using-The-Lounge/td-p/697912

and it makes no mention of posting about scams etc, in fact it only states  "The purpose of The Lounge is for our forum members to get to know each other and the community team".  which in my opinion does not include scam messages.

It is also one of the least used boards and is probably the least visited.

I would say that scams and phishing are real service issues which while they might not be anything to do with BT as such they are most certainly worthy of comment and advice to BT customers on this forum.

Having said all that if it upsets you so much that they are on the "wrong" board perhaps you need to see if another board can be set up to accomodate them.