cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Andy005
Expert
Message 1 of 37

'Quote' when replying to a post, and more!

Where has the 'Quote' button gone when replying to a post?

An annoying little 'i' in a circle is also appearing just under the reply text box, on top of the 'auto-save' text.

I might as well get something else out that's been bothering me for a while as well. On the Community home page the coffee cup banner image thing has a mark on it in the top right corner. You wouldn't believe the times that I've wiped my screen thinking there's a bit of crud on it. Can someone brush it out in Paint Shop Pro or something, it's only a 5 minute job.

Emojis don't seem to be working either.

36 REPLIES 36
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 37

Re: 'Quote' when replying to a post, and more!

I agree the change is rubbish but the /quote feature is selected on task bar  "

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Andy005
Expert
Message 3 of 37

Thanks for that, I would have never have found it there, especially as you have to expand the Toolbar to find it.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 37

on my display in chrome it is there without expanding the toolbar

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Andy005
Expert
Message 5 of 37

I'm using Edge, Firefox is my reserve followed by Chrome. There seems to be some reluctance in some quarters to support Edge which is bizarre considering that it's the MS default.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 37

strange I just tried edge and same taskbar as chrome with inverted commas for quotes

Andy005
Expert
Message 7 of 37

Firefox and Chrome are the same for me, I have to expand the toolbar. I guess it's something to do with display settings.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 37

are you using a pc?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 37

Another change for the sake of change. The toolbar can only be expanded on Android tablet when in landscape mode. 

If it ain't broke why on earth change it.

Stand by for another load of threads complaining about the changes.

Message 10 of 37

Hi @Andy005,

As @imjolly has mentioned, the quote button is now on the toolbar as a quotation mark, or inverted commas, instead of the word quote. You also mentioned the display view. It does disappear at 140% in Firefox and 150% in Chrome. You may need to decrease the view for it to appear.

We are aware of the "i" in a circle. We're also aware of the PREVIEW button is half cut out and we'll get that resolved too.

Thanks

DanielS