cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 37

Re: 'Quote' when replying to a post, and more!

@DanielSwrote:

Hi @Andy005,

As @imjolly has mentioned, the quote button is now on the toolbar as a quotation mark, or inverted commas, instead of the word quote. You also mentioned the display view. It does disappear at 140% in Firefox and 150% in Chrome. You may need to decrease the view for it to appear.

We are aware of the "i" in a circle. We're also aware of the PREVIEW button is half cut out and we'll get that resolved too.

Thanks

DanielS

What a ridiculous change. My HD laptop (using Firefox) lost the quote button today.

Who tested this and using what machines? Do the people that test have large screens and don't care about smaller ones?

Come on Daniel - this is simply not good enough.

Again - get the people that make these changes come to the forums to explain themselves.

Stop messing with the forums.

pompey1898
Expert
Message 22 of 37

Quote option not available

Is anyone else not getting the "quote" option when replying to posts please ?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 37

Re: Quote option not available

quote option is there - it is the quote marked like 99  this was covered earlier

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 24 of 37

Hi @pompey1898 the quote button now looks like the below screen shot

Quote.png

Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 37

@NeilOwrote:

Hi @pompey1898 the quote button now looks like the below screen shot

Quote.png

I don't see that screen shot, I have to press the more option (3 dots) and then it appears in a separate row above the default row. (That's using both Firefox and Chrome)

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 37

Works fine using chrome on PC but not on android phone  already been reported 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pompey1898
Expert
Message 27 of 37

@imjollywrote:

quote option is there - it is the quote marked like 99  this was covered earlier

I started a new post so I guess it was moved to another post,

As well as other issues my physic powers are at a low ebb.

Thanks to @NeilO for uncovering the hiding place.

So now we need two clicks instead of one.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 37

Don't need to be physic just use search to see if someone has already posted about the same problem before creating new thread

Highlighted
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 37

There is some sort of problem as I get this on my laptop using chrome

quote 1.PNG

I then have to expand the toolbar to get this

quote 2.PNG

The above is somewhat different from that posted by @NeilO  in message 24.

Andy005
Expert
Message 30 of 37

Having to expand the Toolbar was mentioned on Page 1, presumably the Mods are getting a different view from the rest of us.