cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrazyDaisy
Message 1 of 7

Random Calls

Hello

I keep getting calls from Asian sounding people saying they are from BT either about the Broadband or my Windows Computer. I block the numbers but they just keep using different ones . I usually say I dont have Broadband or I dont have a computer and they ring off but this woman didn't today she was persistent saying she was from BT about my Broadband and I must discuss it! In the end I said I knew she was a scammer because I could see the number she was calling from and I knew it wasnt BT and she told me to F*** off . This isn't very nice you know! She was caling from 01684957551

6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Random Calls

Such calls are reported ad nauseum on this forum. Typically, the number called from doesn't exist. You did the right thing but some people must still fall for it otherwise the scammers would give up.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
lincan49
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi thanks for replying. I know the numbers are different each time so no point in blocking. I suggest buying a loud whistle and using that into the phone. My friend starts speaking to them in Welsh, that works! Wretched people!
lincan49
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks!
Highlighted
CrazyDaisy
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for all your replies I had another call this morning I said I was part of a new security feature and I would be calling them back on the number showing and would be asking for a pre set password to verify them as BT . They rang off ! Its such a pain and a stress arghhhhhhhhh
Seeno
Message 6 of 7

Hi my wife had a call this morning from an asian man saying her landline and hub was getting cut off so he told her to go on her computer which she refused as she doesn't know any passwords for it so she said to him to call back when her husband comes in later this afternoon ( ME ) Any way I knew it was a scam as I got a call 2 years ago now from someone saying the same thing the number was 01810485834 I also checked our landline for problems their wasn't any.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Yet another number that doesn't exist. It's easy to eliminate most of these calls by ringing back but, just in case, remember to dial the 141 prefix so as not to reveal your number. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.