13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Online Chat

@ringwood22 wrote:

I have canceled my bt contract

Then why are you posting here, if you are no longer a BT customer?

This forum is for BT Retail customers. If you have moved to a different provider, then they will have their own user forum.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

Keith,

He obviously was a BT customer, and quite rightly was very upset about what happened to him. I think it is reasonable for him to post here to warn others what might happen to them.

Happy New Year, John Deutsch

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

@jpadeutsch

@ringwood22 never said why they cancelled, as they only made one post, so we will never know.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Well said @jpadeutsch

Given BT's legendary tardy service it's reasonable to assume that "on the balance of probabilities" the customer was disgruntled with BT.

Cancelling a contract, and sharing, effectively tells you all you actually need to know. Decision made. Searching for "why" is pointless - horse and stable door me thinks.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Why are you replying to a post that was made 10 months ago!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

And  therefore @gg30340, why are YOU?! Smiley Happy

I didn't realise there is a time limit for posting a view - can you point me to where I might find this in the forum guidelines, I may have missed it.

I don't see the item marked as solved.

I don't see the item marked as closed.

Cancelling a contract is as valid today as it was 10 months ago.

General concerns about online chat are as valid today as they were 10 months ago.

Tardy service from BT is as valid today as it was 10 months ago.

Perhaps the forum moderators may wish to introduce the functionality to close a thread. If not, then it's reasonable to assume that an open thread can still be commented on. Obviously, I also have the option to raise new posts for specific issues should I so wish.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

I posted in reply to your post, not ones that were made months previously!

Posts on this part of the forum can not be marked as solved as this board is it not where problems are generally posted.

As you may have seen the board heading states what it is for:-  "Welcome to our Feedback board. Here, we invite you to offer your feedback on any part of BT.com and the BT Community Forum."

There is no time limit on posting your views and as you appear to be resurrecting numerous post that are months and even years old you have answered my curiosity that you are apparently posting because you are a disgruntled customer.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Thanks for confirming that I complied with the "board heading". Useful.

Thanks for confirming there's no time limit. Useful

Thanks for speculating. Not useful.

I posted this morning on an item that was started in Dec 2016 by BT and where the outcome is not specified. I make no apologies for that, although it obviously breaks your personal code of conduct.

I also posted today on an item started in Oct 2015 regarding how to reduce calls costs to the Channel  Islands. The world has moved on and new options exist. However, forum users may come across the post from 2015, as I did, depending on their search criteria. Again I make no apology for updating the post with current information and thereby being helpful.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

@xmarksthespot wrote:

Thanks for speculating. Not useful.

I posted this morning on an item that was started in Dec 2016 by BT and where the outcome is not specified. I make no apologies for that, although it obviously breaks your personal code of conduct.

"obviously breaks your personal code of conduct."  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler