Message 2 of 4

Re: another scam

and within 5 minutes i get another one

welshgit_0-1595788910812.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4

another scam

hi all , a few weeks ago when i opened  google on my pc the home page would change to BT saying to celebrate bt's birthday they were giving prizes out and to click one of the boxes to collect , obviously this was a scam even though the page looked very authentic  . i copied the page address and used google site blocker to stop it coming up again  and it worked for a few weeks but today it has happened again

i compared the addresses and found they were slightly different  .i have now blocked this one too ....can somebody from bt look into these and stop them please 

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Can you edit your posts to remove the URL's ? posting to compromised websites will only see someone else infected by malware.

BT can't stop the scammers, I'd suggest running an anti virus scan and look at malware bytes to remove any infections you have, your device is most likely infected, a simple reverse DNS lookup shows your ISP, this happens globally and every internet user will see their provider.
Don't click random links or images, don't download random files, you can't stop them but you can prevent them affecting your devices by being careful online, plenty of free courses if you need help, BT offer free support, look at :

https://www.bt.com/online-security

www.bt.com/skillsfortomorrow

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@welshgit  either your device has been compromised by malware or more likely it's the actual website. News websites, especially ones ran by Reach PLC are a favourite because they contain so much advertising it's easy for the hackers to compromise the website. The ones ran by Reach PLC are normally local news sites. Easiest way to clear it, is just to delete your temporary internet files and cookies. For the most part they're quite harmless unless you fall for it and enter all your details to claim your prize. This is why they go undetected for a while..

0 Ratings