cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Request Entity Too Large

Is anyone else getting this messwage when they try to reply to a message in the community. I'm only getting it on the BT comunity. looking online it looks like it maybe a server issue perhpas.

Request Entity Too Large
The requested resource
/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/OtherBB/message-id/162204
does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

It seems okay in incognito, perhpas its one of my extensions but it I have most of them turned off.

5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Request Entity Too Large

Are you trying to insert an image into the post?

unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

no just clicking reply button, just worked okay with quick reply though.
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Very curiously the code for QR has an id="link_1_6" but the reply item has an id="link_15" just as stab in the dark but I wonder is it the ID link that is blowing out the code entry. Other both sections are identical. According to my inspect page there are none of my extensions triggered in this section. I'll go and check in incognito mode...

forget this the link number is just the position in the thread so that was a waste of space.

unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

So I also tried to cancel all my extensions to no avail. only seems to work okay if use quick reply the fault goes wrong if i press reply. I think I'll move on, perhaps its a fault with chrome who knows or perhpas its a server fault as the web searches for that error seems to suggest.

unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

So i've been very busy over the last few months and not had time to go back to this just accessing the BT community in incognito mode when I needed to.

In the last few days I decided to update my aging win7 system for the month and decided to save all my links in "Session Buddy" and close all my chrome screens. I then went to the advanced system settings for cookies and selected the clear all bt.com cookies and closed chrome and rebooted my machine (there were the usual monthly updates forcing the reboot.

Lo and behold when the machine came back up and I reloaded all the tabs and screens using session buddy and then accessed the BT community it works again and has done for over 24 hours. 

So the way to fix this if it happens to anyone else is to clear all the cookies on the bt.com and close the browser and reopen it and it should work. Of course this fixes my problem but at least now know its a cookie issue and I do tend to close chrome using process explorer which allows me to have more than one screen of chrome that restores its links and its history for each tab after its closed.(that's very useful to someone like me who sometimes has over 100 tabs open at once - I use Memplus to keep memory levels down and also use chromes memory manager to keep GPS memory under control by closing it every few hours of so)