cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trooper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Responding to posts

I have posted a question on the forum and when I reply to a responder my reply does not appear under the responders post? Any reason for this? My response appears at the most recent page of the thread. If anyone looks at the thread the question and answers responders make does not always make sense.

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Responding to posts

Use the quote button (right hand side of reply window)

@trooper wrote:

I have posted a question on the forum and when I reply to a responder my reply does not appear under the responders post? Any reason for this? My response appears at the most recent page of the thread. If anyone looks at the thread the question and answers responders make does not always make sense.

Or simply write in reply to <name> and/or message number

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Nethelp22
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

@DS wrote:

@trooper wrote:

ahh like this -- thanks I've been copying and pasting up until now

DS people want you to stay
and gg30340 has removed his signature - so you're having an impact
will you consider manning the barricades, once more to the breach dear friends  🙂

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

No gg30340 has not removed his signature. It is in line with what the forum moderators and other use so I don't see a problem.

Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

@Nethelp22 wrote:

@DS wrote:

@trooper wrote:

ahh like this -- thanks I've been copying and pasting up until now

DS people want you to stay
and gg30340 has removed his signature - so you're having an impact
will you consider manning the barricades, once more to the breach dear friends  🙂

Glad my reply to Trooper helped you Nethelp22:)

Regarding the rest of your reply....

.....I doubt it.

.....you will find he changed it to include "helpful".

.....I've spent way too long wearing this tin foil hat, so I'll send it your way.

Nethelp22
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

The simple solution is actually one-size-fits-all (which is rare)

This is how it would work
The following txt - to appear directly below "announcements/welcome/advice

"If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

This would be an embedded script on every page

Then no-one has to add as a signature

solved 🙂

p.s if you think that's been useful please give me a rating point ... lol.. hahaha - good one eh!  

Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

That would do it!:)

And as I mentioned a few times on various threads, make a default 'in response to <name>' so there would be no real need to use the quote button.....

fwiw I'd of given your a star for that, but as this thread was moved (no names KB;)) it cancels out any already awarded stars and doesn't permit further ones (on this forum section)

Nethelp22
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8