cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaz_j
Digital Team
Message 11 of 26

Re: Service Status - Feedback Wanted

@TheSeasider  & @JTS1 - thank you for your feedback too. 

@JTS1 - I'm not entirely sure why that happened, will send over to the Community leads.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 26

@shaz_j 

Oddly the service status page appears to rely on customer fault reports for information on current problems, the obvious disadvantage being that the first people to notice a problem with their service will probably go to the status page to see if there are any known problems in their area before reporting them (the classic vicious circle).

Surely a better, more efficient method would be to update the service status page from exchange alarms and the information available to the fault control centres

Loobylu28
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Just having a reliable service would be an improvement.  I look at Downdetector for service status - no point looking at BT.  Apparently a 4G mast is down in my area now but BT are unable to say which one, since when or when it will be fixed so good luck with creating your service status info!  Not helpful when I have 4G mini hub and 2 of us trying to WFH on it.

Repairman
Beginner
Message 14 of 26

Why is it, that after posting two messages nearly 9 years ago, and nothing since, have I just received an email telling me I have been credited with thethe "new rank" of "Beginner". Is this a record for BT to respond to a complaint? Maybe it's some sort of BT "Job creation scheme"?
Allan
Allan
JTS1
Expert
Message 15 of 26

@shaz_jwrote:

@JTS1 - I'm not entirely sure why that happened, will send over to the Community leads.

The first message to TheSeasider and JTS1 is simply a thank to them both for feedback from a BT Forum Moderator, but the second one is a reply to me only.

Whilst passing feedback to the BT Forum Moderator, I also asked him why I had received an Error Message when I performed a particular task.  He told me that he didn't know the answer, but that he would send over to the Community leads, as the message says.   

However, I later realised why the Error Message was occurring, so I no longer need this help.  

Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused, I know (from experience) that you guys are always busy and trivia like this does not help.

JTS1

Thersites
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 26

I've had same experience. 2 possibilities that may apply also to you: 1) Were you writing feedback as 'Guest' (ie had not signed into community?) and 2) Did you type more than 500chars (the limit for the text box). If BT require authentication of sender to accept feedback (and why should they? I wonder) then why are they authenticating at the end (and not the beginning) of the process? And placing a character limit on feedback is also questionable, for while it may save BT staff from reading one or two deranged rants, it will also exclude the most detailed (and therefore useful) feedback. And if the premise is accepted, then BT's implementation of this still *RUBBISH* - what's the point of discovering afterwards that you've exceeded the character limit? Do BT programmers think we keep a running count of characters as we type? So to directly answer your question, to prevent it happening again you should log in to Community so they can see who you are, and should post something short, so it doesn't exceed a 12yr old's attention span.
Thersites
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Others have already pointed out that it would not only help us to answer your questions if you organised them as a form/survey, but it would also help YOU organise and evaluate the answers.  How will you deal with 300 unstructured free-form replies?

So my reply is not an answer to your question, it's a suggestion for how you rephrase it.  And given that the term you have chosen or has been handed down to you ('BT Service Status') positively invites confusion (because it is singular, but BT offers many different services, whose status at any time may be different from each other) your first job is to make it clear WHAT service you are reporting on when reporting a service's status.

Since 'BT Broadband service status', and 'BT Email service status' and 'BT TV service status' (3 examples) are all terms which are likely to be needed and which refer to distinctly different concepts, I think the term 'BT Service Status' has NO USEFUL MEANING and should be dropped.

And that you should ask your question by saying "BT offers the following services, one or more of which you may receive (give list).  For EACH of these services, please tell us WHAT information you'd wish to be able to discover if the service is not working 100%."  You may also wish to explore whether we customers wish for:  geographical specificity (I'd say Yes); whether we want push notifications in some circumstances (some might, but I don't); the medium through which we'd like to find out (eg little point putting Broadband status only on a web page);  whether we'd want the ability, on the same page, to report a fault not yet recognised in the service status report (I'd say Yes).  And finally. to ask if we'd like a dashboard presentation, maybe with traffic-light indicators on a single page, that could then be drilled into for detail on individual services (I'd say Yes).  Good luck!

JTS1
Expert
Message 18 of 26

@JTS1wrote:

@shaz_jwrote:

The first message to TheSeasider and JTS1 is simply a thank to them both for feedback from a BT Forum Moderator, but the second one is a reply to me only.

Whilst passing feedback to the BT Forum Moderator, I also asked him why I had received an Error Message when I performed a particular task.  He told me that he didn't know the answer, but that he would send over to the Community leads, as the message says.   

However, I later realised why the Error Message was occurring, so I no longer need this help.  

Sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused, I know (from experience) that you guys are always busy and trivia like this does not help.

JTS1

Now I am really getting confused, as the error message that I referred to above occurred when I was replying to you after your request for:  Service Status - Feedback Wanted. 

My reply to the Moderator about the error message is in my Service Status - Feedback Wanted  - Message 8.

However, my reply to you that caused the error message is in Message 10.   So despite the error message, my message had in fact been sent anyway.

JTS1

Radiant
Contributor
Message 19 of 26

If you don't already understand the answer to your own questions, or even, apparently,  don't know how to find the answers without bothering customers with stupid questions for your inconsequential and invalid 'research' ,  you shouldn't be in the Get Help team. 

Jagerbomb250
Beginner
Message 20 of 26

BT sport but for the past 3 days on my PS4 keep getting error code ID153 my login details have not changed. At the moment the only way I can watch prem games is on my phone via my EE subscription. I'm paying for something which ain't getting delivered and BT have no idea how to solve it...