Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bayardmm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Spam calls on landline

Can BT not prevent calls to my landline, from “BT Technical Services” in an American accent, iforming me that my internet service will be terminated unless I respond by pressing ”1” to effect repairs. I have blocked several calls like this and still get them. I have yet to lose my internet access!

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Spam calls on landline

there are numerous posts like your  try search facility. there is nothing BT can do to stop these calls as has been said already

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

@bayardmm

Buy a phone with a call blocking feature, like the BT8500, then they have to announce who they are, and you can reject the call. They most likely will not want to say anything, and just move on to the next target.

theabbot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I have just received one of these automated phone calls "informing" me that my phone line is to be terminated later today, unless I press 1. Obviously, I hung up straight away.

The phone number they called from is 01762 831047. A quick search reveals this to be a geographic number.

I have added this to my personal blacklist.

bayardmm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

That’s what I do, but it’s getting to be tedious.