cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squelch
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Spell Check?

I generally use a British dictionary plugin to catch my typo's but for some reason it doesn't work on these forums. I've seen mention of a spell chack that the forum software uses, but I cannot find any settings on how to turn it on.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

All typographic errors are copyright of the author 2014

15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Spell Check?

click on reply and when the page opens the checker is there and is on by default
Squelch
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Hmm. I see now, the rihgtmost icon on the toolbar.

The problem is, it obviously doesn't work (see above) and nor does my plugin. I guess I'll just have to be more careful of my wobbly spelling.

Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

@Squelch wrote:

The problem is, it obviously doesn't work (see above) and nor does my plugin. I guess I'll just have to be more careful of my wobbly spelling.

corse it werks. 🙂 probably not that well. Just underlines in red what it believes to be incorrect. If you then click on the underlined word it comes up with alternatives

toekneem

(EASBF)

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 16

@toekneem wrote:

@Squelch wrote:

corse it werks. 🙂 probably not that well. Just underlines in red what it believes to be incorrect. If you then click on the underlined word it comes up with alternatives

There's been some problems with the spell checker recently, but they seem to have "gone away". Just a few days ago it underlined every word in red - but now it's all back to normal.

There's a new problem:- every time I try to login to post a message, a bar at the top asks me to login to my non existent google account. "They" are looking at you wherever you go!

If it isn't google or yahoo, it's the market researchers.

Squelch
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

I'd expect rihgtmost to have been underlined, and while using quick reply right now, it is, but using the full wysiwyg editor it fails.

Maybe my Chrome dictionary is conflicting, or as @Ribblelancs says "they're watching us"

[Edit] @toekneem I see what you did there 🙂

Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 16

@Squelch wrote:

I'd expect rihgtmost to have been underlined, and while using quick reply right now, it is, but using the full wysiwyg editor it fails.

@maybe my Chrome dictionary is conflicting, or as @Ribblelancs says "they're watching us"

[Edit] @@toekneem I see what you did there 🙂

Correction:- It's Norton Vault which is asking me to sign in.

All is forgiven.................

How on earth logging in to BT Forum associates itself with Norton Vault is a mystery.

One more feature to disable....

wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 16

wedftry yuio rtyui  Well that was gobbledigook but not a spellcheckunderline in sight!! And yes it is turned on  - I checked before I started.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

Capture.JPGIt doesn't do it as you type. That's what happened when I quoted your post then clicked the spell-check icon.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

@pottyperson wrote:

Capture.JPGIt doesn't do it as you type. That's what happened when I quoted your post then clicked the spell-check icon.

I think it depends on what version of Windows you have. Windows 7 underlines as you type but Vista only underlines when you click the ABC spell check button. 

I haven't yet checked on Windows 8.1 or XP.