Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Subject Access Request

Hello,

I wish to make a Subject Access Request but the only identification I currently have is a photocopy of my Birth Certificate, I dont have a bank account, I dont have a driving licence, I dont have a passport, so how can I proceed?

Regards,

Richard

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Subject Access Request

@Number_Six.....

If you wish to do a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) then visit https://www.bt.com/privacy-policy/
On that link it has :

If you want a copy of your billing information, log in to your MyBT account or call 0800 800150 and we’ll send it to you. (You must be the account holder to ask for this information). If you want to see what contact information we hold about you, you can also log in to your account. It’s quick and simple to access it this way.

You can also ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you using our online form here.

If you work for one of our corporate customers, please ask your employer – they’ll ask for this on your behalf.

It will normally take us up to one month to get back to you but could take longer (up to a further two months) if it’s a complicated request or you send us a lot of requests at once.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

If you read the law, I can present a SAR anyway I like.

Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 7

If a company has a process in order to facilitate you legal request, why would you not use it to get the information you require?

Stew

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Read the legislation to answer your own questions. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/12/contents/enacted

Highlighted
Guru
Message 6 of 7

Well aware of the law.

I say again, in order to help you to get the information you require, not use a process that the company has put in place, to help you get the information?

Stew

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

@StewM Well for a start the form isn't big enough to contain my message, but anyone, any age can submit a SAR to any employee, so I could have called, used the form or even have posted on here. Its my choice where I post the SAR.

So is there another way I can send my SAR, the online form doesnt allow for enough characters in order for me to give them the details I need to give them?

Tags (1)