cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Suspicious BT website redirect for a free gift.

I’m sometimes being redirected to a suspicious BT website Offering me a free gift after completing a survey as my IP address has randomly been chosen for that day, any ideas how to report it? Website is eu.zainvisitorpackage.xyz

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Suspicious BT website redirect for a free gift.

That's either the website has been highjacked or infected with Spyware or your device has been infected with Spyware... If it's a Reach Media PLC (local news site), it's quite common for them to get hit because they're full of adverts

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Ok thanks. I’ve checked my security is up to date and all seems ok. Does anyone know somewhere in BT to report it to as you would with a malicious call or email? Or is there no point?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Cruickieswrote:

Does anyone know somewhere in BT to report it to as you would with a malicious call or email? Or is there no point?

They lookup the IP address you're using, detected it's owned by whatever ISP and then state you won a price, you could be with any ISP and they will show that ISP name.
Simple enough to create and quite effective but it's the website owner who you could contact, they are responsible for the content displayed, nothing BT or any ISP can do to stop it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Ok, thanks for this.

0 Ratings