cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BizzyBee
Message 1 of 7

Two calls today from 01476 895312 to say my internet is being terminated today!

I had two calls today to tell me my internet was unsecured and that they were terminating my internet access today! They said they were from BT and asked if I had any devices linked to this account and could I turn them on?  I hung up at this point and they rang back but got the answerphone.  Unsurprisingly they didn't leave a message on the answerphone, I could hear a call centre in the background.

6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Two calls today from 01476 895312 to say my internet is being terminated today!

@BizzyBee wrote:

I had two calls today to tell me my internet was unsecured and that they were terminating my internet access today! They said they were from BT and asked if I had any devices linked to this account and could I turn them on?  I hung up at this point and they rang back but got the answerphone.  Unsurprisingly they didn't leave a message on the answerphone, I could hear a call centre in the background.

It is a scam just ignore it 

Highlighted
keithwjones
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Two calls today from 01476 895312 to say my internet is being terminated today!

Just had same calls, automated voice.

Keith

RobFletcher
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Had calls from this number at 13:4, 14:12, 15:16, 15:49,16:18

Clearly want something … to bad they go to voicemail!

Rob.

Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@RobFletcher wrote:

Had calls from this number at 13:4, 14:12, 15:16, 15:49,16:18

Clearly want something … to bad they go to voicemail!

Rob.

YES they are scammers after money 

Message 6 of 7

Hi @BizzyBee,

I am sorry that you received those calls in the first place. The call sounds like a scam and you did well to avoid it.

I would recommend you checked our the following link for advice on how to deal with these calls:

Security warning - Fraud activities or scams

If you are ever unsure of a call, claiming to be from us, please feel free to contact the Community.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Flap
Message 7 of 7

Had a call from 'B.T.' today telling me my internet was going to be terminated today due to non payment. Could they take some details to sort it out and go to my computer etc.

I know I am up to date with my payments, because I carefully check my statements.

This kind of call is usually  from someone with an Indian accent, strangely today it seemed the man had a Canadian accent, I suppose everyone's at it though.