cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Whats Going On On This Forum

Twice in the last few months, I've received a message saying that my post has been accepted as a solution followed some time after by another email sometime later to tell me that another members solution has been accepted as a solution for the same post. The first time it happened it was a matter of days before it was changed so I can't see it being the OP who changed it so what's going on?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Whats Going On On This Forum

Hi @Les-Gibson,

Thank you for posting. 

It could be the the OP has marked you post as the accepted solution and then maybe changed their mind and marked a different post on the same thread.

Without seeing which thread it would be difficult to say for sure.

Do you have a link to the thread in question?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @PaddyB

Thanks for getting back to me. 

the most recent one was today and relates to https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Anti-virus-software-needs-renewing/m-p/217...

There was another one back in January this year and that was changed about 4 or 5 days after I received the email to say that post had been accepted as a solution but I don't keep the emails that long so I can't give you any more detail on that one.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 4 of 8

Good morning @Les-Gibson,

I hope you are well.  Sorry for any confusion caused ☹️

I have checked the audit log and I can see that your post was initially marked as the accepted solution.  This will then immediately trigger a notification to let you know.  However, a short time after the solution was removed from your post in favour of a different post on the same thread.  This is why when you checked, your post no longer was marked as the solution.

Unfortunately, there is no notification to explain this change when it happens, sorry.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Les-Gibson 

Does it really matter who gets the credit?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@TimCurtis 

Not at all Tim, I was just a bit curious with it being the second time in just a few months that it's happened

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Cheers @SeanD 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Les-Gibson 

Fair enough. 

0 Ratings