cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 32

Re: Why have the forums started logging me out after a short while

I've asked the mods if they have any ideas. Since I emailed them I've discovered that I'm being also timed out, as well as logged off when I close FF. I'm pretty sure it's a browser issue.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
ukfrogman
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 32

It seems to have cured itself now, I have been logged in for a couple of days without problem.

Regards,

Frogman
A1944
Expert
Message 23 of 32

It is still happeing here with Firefox, but I have just checked IE9 and I was still logged in there. 

So what is it about this site that doesn't seem to like Firefox?

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 32

I'm not sure we'll get an answer. It reminds me of an issue I had a while ago when I became virtually unable to connect to Nationwide with Chrome, though IE was fine. No other customer had the problem, and despite a lot of attention from the Nationwide IT guys no solution was found, and I had to use IE for that website only. After a some months I found that Chrome was working again, and it was never any more trouble.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
A1944
Expert
Message 25 of 32

My query to the mods has now been acknowledged and they say they will try and find out what's going on and update the thread asap.

Moderator-Retired
Message 26 of 32

Greetings all,

we have looked into this and the time out time has always been set to 30 minutes however as some of you find this annoying we've had it changed to 60 minutes.

Sessions are always ended once the browser is closed.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
ukfrogman
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 32

Thank you CraigS

Regards,

Frogman
ukfrogman
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 32

@ CraigS I am the original poster of this thread however the "mark as acceptable solution" is nowhere to be seen so I am unable to mark the thread as solved.

Regards,

Frogman
A1944
Expert
Message 29 of 32

Thanks Craig.  That seems strange as I am sure that was not the case up to about a month or so ago, but at least 60m will help. 

Strange thing is that most forums don't log you out automatically at all.  Take AV Forums for example - I have not had to login manually to that for many months.

A1944
Expert
Message 30 of 32

Something has changed again.  I am pleased ro say that I have not been logged out since sometime yesterday.