cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukfrogman
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 32

Re: Why have the forums started logging me out after a short while

Incredible!! I haven't been in these forums for a few days and I am still logged in.....

My ip address has been the same for 68 days so I don't think that's the problem.

Regards,

Frogman
A1944
Expert
Message 12 of 32

@pottyperson wrote:

I use Firefox and run CCleaner regularly, though it's set to retain required cookies. Virtually the only time I ever have to re-enter my forum log-in details is when my home hub has been off or if I use my laptop elsewhere; I understand that's because the forum requires a fresh log in when presented with a changed IP address. Could that be relevant to your issue?

No, I don't think so.  I am using a perfectly stable Infinity connection so I cannot imagine that the IP address is constantly changing. 

I too am using Firefox (21) and, as far as I know, I have nothing set which should clear any cookies as a matter of course. 

Anyway, no other forum is affected in this way, but whenever I come back to BT's, even an hour later, I have to log in again.

soapy
Expert
Message 13 of 32

the forums did seem to keep logging people out for a little while but it seems to be fixed ok now, i havent had to log back in for a while

A1944
Expert
Message 14 of 32

Well, it is still logging me out quite quickly. 

I get a message when I come back to the forum to say that my session has timed out.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 32

Could it be a browser issue? Try using another one for the forum for a while.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
A1944
Expert
Message 16 of 32

No, the "timed out" message is definitely coming from BT as part of the web page, so it cannot be anything to do with the browser.

Capture.JPG

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 32

Maybe it's one for the mods then.

BT Care Team

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
A1944
Expert
Message 18 of 32

@pottyperson wrote:

Maybe it's one for the mods then.

BT Care Team

I did that some days ago, but no response so far.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 32

@A1944  Well, well. I've got a related problem now! My hub spontaneously restarted earlier (to remove BTBB Talk it seems, as I'm getting a HH4). As expected I had to log in to the forum again, but now I get logged out every time I close my browser despite checking the "Save login information" box. This only happening on Firefox, not Chrome or IE.

As there's been no response here I'll contact the mods myself and post back if I get a solution. But first could you see if your isuue arises on other browser(s)? It might be easier to find a solution if we can pin in on Firefox.

--
A1944
Expert
Message 20 of 32

@pottyperson wrote:
But first could you see if your isuue arises on other browser(s)? It might be easier to find a solution if we can pin in on Firefox.

I am not really in a position to do that as I only use Firefox.  It is so long since I used it that I don't even know what version of IE is installed.

Edit:  I have checked that I still have IE and have logged in to the forum, so I will see what happens.  It is IE9 by the way, don't know when that dates from.