cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Wiring, Email and Products

Afternoon all 

on the scrounge for some suggestions and advice to solve a couple of issues 

firstly I have old external wiring from a drop line 6 to the outside of my property (photo 1) which is attached to a timber fascia (exclude cobweb but it is Halloween time) with the cable then running to a socket box within my loft (photo 2) where cable then runs to a master socket downstairs within property 

external drop lineexternal drop lineinternal loft wiringinternal loft wiring

had briefly spoken to BT over same who then passed me to Openreach who then claimed that they wouldn't send anybody nor replace / upgrade (have my fibre and landline with BT) 

is this response the normal as surely they have a legal obligation like most infrastructure / utility companies to ensure network is capable 

obliged if anybody had suggestions on best method to escalate  or potentially have checked out / replaced 

secondly i was keen to double check the way to instigate my email with BT as most help tips seem to suit additional addresses and imply that the initial email address should have been set up / confirmed at time of installation (last month) 

still have old EE sport packages (defunct) listed on My Products within the MyBt app so not sure if that's creating some conflict or not 

any suggestions or help would be gratefully received  

thanks in advance 

Madman70

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wiring, Email and Products

that looks like a standard old installation ( I have similar) and openreach will not do anything unless there is a problem with your phone - is there a problem with your phone?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

not at moment (touch wood) 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

then openreach are not interested  they have the motto - not broke don't fix it - a good suggestion.  no reason why that connection should affect your broadband even with the cobwebs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Madman70 wrote:

secondly i was keen to double check the way to instigate my email with BT as most help tips seem to suit additional addresses and imply that the initial email address should have been set up / confirmed at time of installation (last month) 

still have old EE sport packages (defunct) listed on My Products within the MyBt app so not sure if that's creating some conflict or not 

As regards your email. BT no longer "issue" an email address when you sign up with them. You should set up a BTID and have access to your MyBT.

Once you access your MyBT you go to the "My Products" and you will see an option "Mail, manage" Click on that and you should be given the option to set up email addresses.

See links.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/what-is-a-bt-id-and-how-can-i-get-one-

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/account-set-up/how-do-i-create-and-activate-a-new...

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/account-set-up/i-want-to-set-up-my-primary-email-...

0 Ratings