cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
littleorme
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Would BT telephone me to warn that my Broadband was about to be disconnected ?

Received a call on my landline. Recorded voice warned me that I would lose Broadband unless I pressed 1 on my phone. If I was happy to be disconnected then I should press 2.

Can't believe this is a genuine call from 01893 368274.

5 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Would BT telephone me to warn that my Broadband was about to be disconnected ?

It's not. It's a scam, just ignore it and any others like it.

littleorme
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: Would BT telephone me to warn that my Broadband was about to be disconnected ?

Thanks. Thought as much.

Message 4 of 6

@litteorme That's a scam we would never call out of the blue with an automated message like that. Also the area code on that number doesn't exist so the number has been spoofed. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
AIB5
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Doubtful.  I use to get these calls.  They are scams. You could try contacting your internet provider and see if they have contacted you. There is is also a crowd saying they are from talk talk   I rang talktalk, they are also seeking them. I suggest you put your phone down on them. I have call blocker and they block out such calls. I don’t think any Provider would ring you. Also some people claiming to be BT. If you are worried contact your provider for help.

Flossy744
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I had exactly the same call today, it’s not the first time and I am sure it won’t be the last, just so annoying especially when you are waiting for a special call coming in.