cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
padlockpete
Message 1 of 4

Yahoo

Can anyone tell me if they have found themselves involuntarily using Yahoo search? My default seach engine is Google and this is specified as my preference in Safari. I frequently change to using Google when this happens, but after a couple of searches, I find Yahoo has taken over again. Surely this shouldn.t happen. Could it be because I'm a BT Internet user? 

Padlock Pete

3 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yahoo

If you are using a banded browser supplied by BT it could be that Yahoo has been set as the default search engine but if  you are not using a BT branded browser it will have nothing to do with BT.

When you go into your browser settings to set your default search engine you should delete the other search engines that are listed. This should stop any other one being selected as your default.

padlockpete
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. My only search engine specified under preferences is Google. I haven't altered anything for ages apart from upgrading to Mojave. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

As I have previously stated this has nothing to do with you being a BT customer. BT do not specify or change what search engine you should be using.

I would suggest that there is some program or malware that is on your computer that is changing the search engine.