cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woolfman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

broadband

Hello  I recently moved from a rural area that had full fibre coverage i had 39mb fibre,I have now moved into the middle of Newquay cornwall which is one of the largest towns in cornwall,on the open reach site it declares fibre is available for Newquay, most of outlying areas it is is but i live right in center of town and am only able to get 7mb broadband, when i contact open reach they say it is not planned to upgrade my area also the broadband is very patchy drops connection ,goes real slow and as i am a gamer and often have to download big files up to 100gb sometimes when i am downloading i can hardly surf the net or stream a movie, lots of people in surrounding area would immediately jump onto fibre if enabled, I am prompting everyone in area to register for this service but a lot are old age pensioners and struggle to do so , So any idea how to prompt open reach to start plans for upgrading this area its awful 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: broadband

Hi @woolfman and welcome.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Have you had a look at SuperFastCornwall? You might find guidance on how to get things moving there.

Cheers

David