Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SuperFresco
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

is BT Live Chat not working?

I'm trying to chat to someone about an issue I have but cannot get past the data entry screen of BT Live Chat. I just get the message: Form couldn't be submittedThere seems to be a technical error in submitting the chat form, please try again.

19 REPLIES
Message 2 of 20

Re: is BT Live Chat not working?

Hi @SuperFresco sorry you could not get connected when you tried to use the live chat service earlier. Are you still unable to get connected? Which team were you trying to chat and we may be able to get you pointed in the correct direction.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
SuperFresco
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Still no access.

I'm trying to contact someone that can explain why I have been sent an email stating I will be charged £4/month for BT Virus Protect which, as far as I can read, is a free value add service?

Message 4 of 20

Hi @SuperFresco that email does sound strange. Drop us over your details by clicking on my username and selecting the contact the mods option and we will be happy to look into this for you.

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
SuperFresco
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

Thanks John,

I have done as requested.

Regards

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

It sounds like a sales email to "offer" you an increase in licences for BT Virus Protect.

It depends on what package you are on as regards the amount of licences you will have for free. For the cheaper packages you get 2 licences and the more expensive packages you get 15 licences.

If you want to increase the number of licences you have to 15 the charge is £4 per month.

See link

https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/security/protect-your-computer-from-viruses-for-free-1136...

SuperFresco
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

How do I cancel this?
Message 8 of 20

Hi @SuperFresco i've checked and can see your form in our queue. Just leave this with us and one of the team will be in touch with you once you reach the top of the queue.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

Cancel what?

SuperFresco
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

At no point during the ordering process was I informed there would be a cost. In fact it clearly stated that there was no upfront or monthly charge. Nor is it clear how many licences I am entitled to. It's no wonder our customers get cross with us!