cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 48

news button

the news button has gone from my home page and I use this to do searches on the web any idea how to get it back

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 48

Re: news button

It has disappeared from my screen as well. I guess another BT improvement!!!!

Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 48

You can find the News section by going to Sitemap > At Home > scroll down to Hot Topics, and then there's a News section.

You should be able to create a shortcut, but not sure(?).

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 48

Ribblelancs, thank you for that tip. I found sitemap by scrolling to bottom of screen and found news where you said it would be. I couldn't find a way to add it my menu. What I did do was save it as my home page to replace the BT.com page I had previously saved as the url was different, it had /news then a string of numbers in it after the bt.com. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 48

If News saves as your homepage, then you will be able to save it as a shortcut, if required.

For ie11, it would be right click on News , then "add to shortcuts". (you can add the shortcut to ie11 menu bar).

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 48

It's gone from mine too and when I went on Help and "chatted" to advisers neither of them appeared to understand what I meant by my Home Page! Needless to say I still don't have the News button. I also used it for web searches. Hey Ho!

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 48

This is approximately 7 months on but my news button disappeared at about the same time but I have been able to get to the news page until today as I had book marked it. later today when I clicked on the book mark for BT.com news, it changed to BT tv shows and films ! and continues to do so ! So can someone please tell me why the news button disappeared in the first place and why has the news page completely disappeared now ? . . . . I don't want Bt tv personaly but I demand I get what I am paying for ! Apart from news, the search facility was located on this page so what is the point in paying BT's high monthly price if I am unable to search the internet. I will again  be checking out other internet providers and looking into leaving BT ! It is high time BT got it's act together as the many unsatisfied feeds on this community tell a sorry story. If they want me to pay for leaving, I would consider going to court and exposing the poor way they treat the customer !

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 48

Last night (11/02/2020) my homepage changed to Best of BT TV without my consent. I have gone to the site map and found the "News" button which takes me straight back to Best of TV.

Thanks, BT. I'm changing my homepage to BBC and when the time comes for contract renewal I'll look at other options for my broadband connection.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 48

Same happened to me, do they not realise most people ignore the ads.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 48

lost home/search page

Hi  Yesterday the bt.com home page changed to the bt tv and films page.  Any idea how  can get it back  to the pageI had before?

I use ie11