cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 21 of 39

Re: news button

The search is “enhanced by Google” and always was. It’s an adapted version of google. You may weaken your security, when searching the web.

connie1
Message 22 of 39

Re: lost home/search page

I have the same problem and am totally frustrated by it all.  It changed of its own accord on 11.02.20

Just want the old home page back.

Any ideas how I can do this please.

Message 23 of 39

See my post for stop gap suggestion but unfortunately BT News is apparently no more.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 39

ENG1
Beginner
Message 25 of 39

Why no news feed on homepage anymore is it just laziness, if you want people to look at your ads you need actual people looking at the page in the first place, so you need the news feeds to keep people interested, they will scroll down page and might see your ads, nobody in there right mind will have a homepage with ads alone.

Not Happy

DavidMetcalf
Beginner
Message 26 of 39

Oh how supprising that BT didn't announce that the News Feed was being withdrawn, but I should know by now that it is just another case of the customer being treated like the preverbial number 2. BT are becoming experts in the very poorest treatment of their bread and butter . . . . their paying customers who are being scammed continuously with offers of faster speeds and offers which Bt have no intention of honering . . . . I am sorry but if this community is here to  clarify Bt's scams then shame on you !

ENG1
Beginner
Message 27 of 39

Want the news feeds back on Homepage

I have been with BT for nearly 20 years or more and have had my homepage set to your news feeds till the other day when you decided to change it to some rubbish advertisement page, who are you advertising to if nobody uses the page, its just bad business, news feeds keep people interested, the homepage layout was good and you had your advertising on there aswell. I believe that most of your bt customers will be thinking the same, ask your customers, put homepage back to the way it was, it will make a lot of your customers happier including me.

ENG1
Beginner
Message 28 of 39

Let BT know your not happy with no news feed, post message on post :

Want the news feeds back on Homepage

Maybe they will change it back

DavidMetcalf
Beginner
Message 29 of 39

Unfortunately BT have no understanding of what their customers want or more importantly Demand for the price they are paying !  BT is the worst example of the lack of morals so-called internet providers have to their key asset . . . their customers ! They seem to think that it is okay to get rid of the news feed and more importantly the search facility, without any consultation or warning that it is happening . . . . and  they think we will just accept it . . . Wrong BT . . .so very Wrong . . . . . What is the point in me paying £62 per month to a so-called Internet Provider, when they have taken away the very facility to search the Internet. I think personaly they should reduce my £62 monthly payment to say £0.00 as they are not providing me anything resembling an Internet provider . . . . BT should be ashamed of their total lack of customer care . . . . they have now become the biggest scammer on the Internet ! 

Carlusha
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 39

There's no pleasing some folk.
BT is an IP (Internet Provider). BT does not provide a browser. What you have been using is google in disguise! If you need news, you look on a news site. Simples.
Who needs a Home Page anyway? You should set a real browser to open multiple pages when you start it. For example, I have 8 pages open when I start my Edge browser (have gone off IE11):
BBC News
FaceBook
Messenger
BT Community Forum
Bing Translate
+ 2 forums I moderate
Cleantalk

If you really, really, really want google news then :
https://news.google.com/?hl=en-GB&tab=wn1&gl=GB&ceid=GB:en