Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kchops
Contributor
Message 41 of 51

Re: news button

SeanD

What is the point of having a home page that does nothing, I have been with BT a long time through when it was a BT Yahoo home page that I thought was very good through to the present day were BT do not give a fig about their ISP customers all they want is tv customers.

I use outlook as an email client because BT email is rubbish now there is not even a useable home page should I bother staying with BT at all as there are many good ISPs out there hungry for business.

I am sad to say that over the year there has been a gradual decrease in the service BT offers to their internet customers, they might spend millions on acquiring the rights to programs but at the expense of ignoring their core customers what they started with there has been nil investment in the internet even the so called revamps you have carried out  just reduces what you are offering were now it’s pathetic.   

ENG1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 51

Totally agree with comment on BT not giving a **bleep** about its broadband customers anymore, cant even be bothered giving news on homepage laziness, you wont get any help here either, you complain about homepage and they put your comments in a homepage post from 2018 so anybody googling information about homepage it looks like nobody is talking about it, totally suppressing people views from present day posts, they have probably not even talked to any bosses to say people are not happy with the change, all the comment of the loyal customers just swept under the carpet.

DavidMetcalf
Beginner
Message 43 of 51

Yes, I quite agree that it was a Home page but it is now nothing more than another advert page for BT products and services that we obviously don't need . . . . or we would already have them Z z z . . . The email is okay . . . have got used to it now . . . My BT is apparently still enhanced by Google . . . but I have to ask where the enhancement is . . . .  the enhancement used to be the search facility . . but that gone as well as the news !  I still have a seperate Google  Icon and now use that to search the internet. So BT don't actually provide anything . . .I even open Google and go to my BT email via the Bookmark in Google ! And the best . .or worst thing is I am still paying BT £62 a month for nothing ! . . . BT TV  . . .  All I need is the Broadcaster Player to watch the minimal amount of TV, that is of interest . . . . I will admit that I do click on BT Sport to watch Footy highlights as BBC iplayer has already dumped Flash player and I am still using a Windows XP Computer at present.

DavidMetcalf
Beginner
Message 44 of 51

Those employed by this forum are employed to simply take all the flack and not provide us with any real service . . .  there sole purpose is just to fob us off with completely useless answers ! Giving feedback is another waste of time , they simply don't take any notice. This is just an example of the ignorance of the internet.

DavidMetcalf
Beginner
Message 45 of 51

Of course there was a reason for setting it as your home page . . . . . news feed + internet search + email all in one place  . . . . . your reply was pretty crass to say the least !

kchops
Contributor
Message 46 of 51

Well today takes the biscuit, like many others I have changed my home page to something that works today I recieved two emails informing me of a reply to this thread I clicked on the link to the community page as I have always done  and guess what I had a message on screen (You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.) do you think BT is trying to tell me something like foxtrot oscar because it is working. In the big scheme of things if BT pee everyone off from using the home page then when people are not using it then they will get rid of it as nobody is using it something else they do not not have to maintain.  I am starting to look at other options now and BT have only themselves to blame for thier lack of true customer service.

raybo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 51

Brilliant that will do me, many thanks

raybo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 51

Many thanks that will do me, thanks.
lewzac
Beginner
Message 49 of 51

scroll down to sitemap on the homepage, go to Home>News>click BT LIFE, then save the page in the usual way, ie settings>options>home>use current page

lewzac
Beginner
Message 50 of 51

Scroll down to sitemap, go to hot topics click BTLIFE, then save the page in the usual way ie, click settings top right,>options>home>use current page,( close settings) go back to home page