cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
Message 1 of 53

0345 Calls on "Unlimited Evening & Weekend " scheme

I have contracted for BT's Unlimited Evening & Weekend Package which includes free 0845 & 0870 calls after 7pm.

However is there a charge for calls made to 0345 numbers?

0 Ratings
52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 53

Re: 0345 Calls on "Unlimited Evening & Weekend " scheme

03 are treated the same as 01 & 02 - included

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Johnoo
Expert
Message 3 of 53

@imjolly wrote:
03 are treated the same as 01 & 02 - included

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 53

By law, when calling a 03 number from within the UK, the cost must be exactly the same as calling a geographic landline numbers (starting 01 and 02). This is different to the 08 numbers where this is not the case. The law also covers calling 03 numbers from a mobile phone. The law goes one step further and says that calls to 0300/03 numbers must be included as part of a customers “free minutes” package and any other call cost reduction packages. All UK telephone operators, including mobile phone and landline operators, all comply to this law.

lelboy
Beginner
Message 5 of 53

Hello, Not so - apparently!

I made a long call to eBay on an 0345 number, but it seems they have a right to levy whatever charge they want - in my case 6p per minute + 26p connection charge from BT!

Some precise clarification is needed!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 53

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 53

gg30340, just found this.:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2681592/0845-numbers-replaced-ahead-likely-ban.html

according to that 0345 can be chargeable but some call packages will include it for free.

Is the poster on a package, unlimited or weekend and when was the call made

this was in a post dated July 2014

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 53

I never said they were free. What I said was "the cost must be exactly the same as calling a geographic landline numbers"   but the calls must be included in the call package which would make them free provided you used them within the call package parameters. If not they are chargeable at national rates so it would, as you have said, depend the package lelboy is on and when he made the call.

0 Ratings
Teedoubleudee
Contributor
Message 9 of 53

Re: 0344 calls NOT included in BT packages - Where does it say that?

THIS STILL NEEDS CLARIFICATION!

I've just had a conversation with a BT call centre person regarding an 0344 number which I was charged for. I am on an "Anytime" calls package for which I pay the princely sum of £7.50 per month. I said to him that my bill clearly states that this package includes ALL calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers. He said that the number I called was a "Special Service" number. I said it doesn't matter what you want to call it, it is still a number beginning with 03.

He said that this was due to a recent change in policy so I said why wasn't I told about it and why isn't it clear on the BT website. After much too-ing and fro-ing he agreed that it wasn't made clear but none the less that's BT policy. He did credit me for the call though.

I've done some research and all I can find is this from BT FAQ:

How much will it cost to make a call to and from an 03 number?

Calls to 03 numbers will cost the same as calls to landline numbers, and will be included as part of any inclusive call minutes or discount schemes for geographic calls.

And this from OFCOM:

What are 03 numbers?

Ofcom introduced UK-wide 03 numbers as an alternative to chargeable 08 numbers, such as 0870.

These numbers allow organisations to have a single national point of contact without consumers having to pay extra to call them.

Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls.

These rules apply to calls from any type of line including mobile, BT, other fixed line or payphone

Now, both those statements tell me I was in my right. So does it say ANYWHERE on ANY BT site that not all 03 numbers are included in BT call packages.

This needs clear and concise clarification from a BT representative

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 53

Re: 0344 calls NOT included in BT packages - Where does it say that?

There is no clarification needed. You should not be charged for calling 03 calls provided they are made within your call package parameters. Excluded from this are call to the Channel Islands, indirect access numbers (what ever they are!) and dial up Internet access numbers

It clearly states this on the "legal stuff" on the BT Phone Package webpage here

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/options/new-customer.html

If you were charged you should do as you have done and that is complain and demand the cost of the call be refunded.

See here

http://www.area-codes.org.uk/0344-numbers.php

0 Ratings