cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teedoubleudee
Contributor
Message 31 of 53

Re: 0345 Calls on "Unlimited Weekend " scheme

This is rubbish and yet another example of BT support staff not understanding the rules. It's pathetic.

ALL numbers starting 01, 02 and 03 must be included in free call packages. That is 03, not 030 or 0345 etc  just 03!

Argue the case like I did and get them to remove the charges. Since I did that I have never been charged for any 03xx calls within my "anytime" package. If they refuse ask them to transfer you to the complaints department and raise an official complaint, oh, and be sure to mention OFCOM.

0 Ratings
cocodog0
Beginner
Message 32 of 53

I copied and pasted comments from here, from BTs own website saying that 03 numbers are treated exactly as 01 and 02 numbers and also from independent websites on the internet (www.areacodes.org/uk for example) but all to no avail. The supervisor said that as it wasn't a BT website it didn't count! I spent 2 1/2 hours on this this morning and all staff I contacted on the phone and online,  are adamant that 0345 calls will be charged for. I found a price list which says these calls will be charged at 1.2 pence per minute( including VAT) so I am seriously considering moving my phone and broadband because BT make everything so difficult and complicated. I have it in writing from my online transcript that BT will charge me for all 0345 calls  and will not consider them to be part of phone call package.

0 Ratings
cocodog0
Beginner
Message 33 of 53

Thanks Andy N. I looked on the page you suggest and it classes 0345 calls as g21 calls which when you follow they convalluted table shows a cost of 1p per minute . The 3 members of staff that I dealt with today all said 0345 numbers are different to 030 numbers which they agree are free.
0 Ratings
Teedoubleudee
Contributor
Message 34 of 53

I would copy and paste that transcript into an email to Ofcom and ask if it is correct. If it is then BT have moved the goalposts without telling anyone.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 35 of 53

cocodog0, have you been charged for an 03 call on your bill made within your call allowance?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
snowy1998
Message 36 of 53

Taken from BT's own documentation:

UK Call Prices for Calling Plans

UK means calls of up to an hour to Local and National numbers beginning 01,02 and 03 (including any number range charged at g21 rates in Section 2, Part 11, sub-part 1 of the BT Price List).

Hope this clarifies things

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

btprice.png

0 Ratings
cocodog0
Beginner
Message 37 of 53

Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond to my messages.

I think my experience has clearly highlighted the need for a call centre where staff should be trained in a clear and comprehensive way, and where all staff are monitored for consistent, courteous and conpletely accurate delivery of a service befitting the BT name. 

If I get any communication from BT  or Ofcom concerning my experience I will feed this back to you all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 53

@cocodog0 wrote:
Thanks Andy N. I looked on the page you suggest and it classes 0345 calls as g21 calls which when you follow they convalluted table shows a cost of 1p per minute . The 3 members of staff that I dealt with today all said 0345 numbers are different to 030 numbers which they agree are free.

Those members of staff need serious retraining, it is appalling. In fact, invite them to these forums.

They are getting confused with 0845 and 0800 numbers, otherwise where on earth are they getting their information from ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 39 of 53

Andy_N wrote:

Those members of staff need serious retraining

Fair enough if they are actually members of staff. But my suspicions (which I've been unable to confirm or refute) are that the people on overseas helpdesks are employed by some half-baked agency hired by BT for peanuts. If I'm right, the blame lies firmly with BT's cost-cutters and not their staff.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
cocodog0
Beginner
Message 40 of 53

This morning I spoke to Ofcom about my experiences over the weekend with BT's Offshore Customer Services Call Centre.

I was informed that I (we) are absolutely correct in assuming that ANY 03 number called - regardless of what other numbers follow 03 - are included in any call plan. I was told that the information I was given both over the 'phone and by the two members of BT staff during my online "chat" was simply not correct.

I then rang BT and managed - after an extremely long wait - to speak to a young lady who sounded as though she was based in this country. She agreed that any 03 numbers were included in my call package and that the information given to me previously was not right. I quoted from my transcript and listed the number of times that I was told quite categorically that 0345 numbers were not included in any package and that they were chargeable. She confirmed that this information is wrong.

I suggested that the BT website be revamped and updated to make it much more user-friendly in order to obtain transparent information concerning pricing, tariffs etc.

I have asked that my experience of their "Customer Service" and the fact that all 3 people gave me incorrect information, be escalated and addressed as a matter of importance and urgency so no-one else need spend over three and a half hours of their precious Saturday morning trying to get a clear and definitive answer to what I initally thought would be just a simple clarification. I advised the Call Handler that I was indeed not the first to have had these experiences, and that many others have raised these same issues before me. BT are obviously not getting the message that "It is good to talk" - mainly to disseminate correct information to all staff! There are clearly some serious training issues here that need to be addressed immediately.

I was told too that BT are looking to relocate their Customer Service Centres back into the UK, (timescales were not mentioned) which would only prove to be beneficial for customers, if all relevant staff are fully trained and fully acquainted with the product details and services that BT provides - it really shouldn't matter where they are based if they are to provide a consistent. factually correct and truthful service.