Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raoul
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

0800 calls in itemised bills

Hello,

I would need the records of a few calls I made to an 0500 number.  They don't show up on my itemised bill.  Is there any way of retrieving the info?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 6

Re: 0800 calls in itemised bills

Hi Raoul,

Welcome to the forum.

Calls to Freephone numbers are never listed on your BT bill due to a European directive, this is because if for example someone calls Childline or other sensitive freephone numbers they won’t show up on the bill to protect the caller.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ManagerStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thanks
0 Ratings
Raoul
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for answering.

Yeah, I'm aware that there are legislations in place so that the information doesn't end up in the wrong hands. 

What I'm wondering is if there is some disclosure procedure that can be conducted so that the records become available.  I consulted BT's privacy policy and stumbled upon this:

“When you (or someone using your telephone line) make a telephone call or send a fax that uses our telephone network or connect to the world wide web, we keep a record of that call (including the number called) to enable BT to charge for it. We also receive from other operators information about calls made over our network, where we need that information for connecting and billing purposes.”

This seems to indicate that records are kept of ALL the calls made from a line.

It is also mentioned that one can ask for a SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST from BT for £10.00.  Apparently, this would give access to the information that BT holds on the person.  If I ask for that, am I gonna get a list of all the numbers I have dialled?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi Raoul,

I'll just point you to the section you quoted "When you (or someone using your telephone line) make a telephone call or send a fax that uses our telephone network or connect to the world wide web, we keep a record of that call (including the number called) to enable BT to charge for it." because calls to 0800 number are zero rate there is not reason for BT to keep a record of these calls for billing purposes. Keeping a record of this call would also go against that European directive. Unfortunately there is no way of retrieving details of calls made to 0800 numbers.

Thanks

Paddy,

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Raoul wrote:

Hello,

I would need the records of a few calls I made to an 0500 number.  They don't show up on my itemised bill.  Is there any way of retrieving the info?

Thanks

Calls made from most mobile phones companies to freefone numbers are typically charged (but maybe not for all calls, particularly for the cases mentioned). I am not sure whether any are itemised, or perhaps they are bulked together. Someone who has an itemised mobile bill and has made calls to "freefone" 0800/0500 numbers could probably confirm.

If you need to make a record of the calls made in the future, perhaps just jot them down in a little notebook or similar.

0 Ratings
Raoul
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Well, that's a pickle.  I know the time and date of the calls.  The records would come in handy in some impending legal action.  Since a lot of companies are using free phone for their communications, cases like mine ought to be considered...

Thanks everybody.

0 Ratings