cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbell1984
Beginner
Message 1 of 81

£1.50 charge for not making calls.

Can't beleive I have been charged £1.50 for not making any calls from my landline.  I only got my landline in for broadband and I am been penalised for not using it.

Talk about milking the cow.

"The minimum calls have not been made. To avoid future charges, make 2 calls

per month or more with BT"

Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
80 REPLIES 80
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 81

Re: £1.50 charge for not making calls.

that is stated in the small print you have also posted about this before and have had replies to your earlier post 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 81

@mrbell1984 wrote:

I only got my landline in for broadband and I am been penalised for not using it.

As I understand it, that's precisely why BT introduced the minimum calls requirement - to deter the use of a phone line exclusively for other purposes.

The line rental includes free weekend calls, so all you have to do is phone for a pizza every other Saturday evening.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 4 of 81

Yes, just why do you wish to open this thread less than a month after your previous thread which said exactly the same thing?

Is this what people call 'trolling'?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mrbell1984
Beginner
Message 5 of 81

£1.50 for BT is been racked up by probably thousands and thousands of other people who DON'T use a phone line for calls too.

Think you are all missing the point, I pay a landline subscription for a land line for line rental, make 0 calls and get a charge for it.  Free calls or not this charge is unacceptable for the simple reason that I already pay land line subsciptions, small print or not.

I don't have a phone line because I don't want unwanted incoming calls or any incoming calls for that matter, this is what my mobile is for.

Anyway another email to the correct people done.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 81

Sorry, but it's you who's missing the point. You are paying a reduced landline subscription, and that carries conditions. If you paid the full cost the conditions would not apply. End of story.

It's pretty much the same with any cut-price deal in the telecoms world. You can get a reduction in most service costs if you commit to a contract for a specified period, but there will be penalty charges if you don't stick to your commitment. It would be no good then bleating that you're being charged a shedload for a service that you're no longer receiving.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
ernie_c
Expert
Message 7 of 81

It is straightforward, after all.

I pay £10 per month for line rental via Line Rental Saver which saves me £4.60 per month. Yes I have to make some calls but, even if I don't, I only get charged £1.50 which still represents a saving of £3.10 per month.

I wish I could put £100 in a savings account and get a return of £3.10 or even £4.60 per month!!

PS I make calls myself.

WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 81

Quite right to keep bringing this rip off to the attention of people who don't know they will be charged for NOT using the phone.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 81

Try to understand this before the world comes to an end. It's not simply a charge for not using the phone. It's part of an agreement that you enter into to get a 26% price reduction. It's also avoidable, but even if you pay it you're still left with a 15% reduction. As ec said, that's a good return.

It's not a hidden charge and it's not a rip-off. Though I suppose it might feel like it if you sign but don't read.

End of last try.  

--
0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 10 of 81

@WatchdogTS wrote:
Quite right to keep bringing this rip off to the attention of people who don't know they will be charged for NOT using the phone.

Why do people who cannot read their contract think things are a rip off? I, as explained clearly in my previous post, am DELIGHTED at Line Rental Saver. So should anyone else be.

You seem to have a bit of a vendetta with BT and ALWAYS have negative things to say. I presume that they are no longer your supplier so why do you feel the need to spend so much time in here?