cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SA_2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 81

Re: £1.50 charge for not making calls.

thank you 'Aspiring Expert' for the Argos link... i have looked at it and tbh... that handset looks stupid next to the sexy looking bt hub... guess what... i bought a good phone handset ... but ... i am unable to make calls... it doesn't even allow me to dial the full number and gives a busy tone 😞 and btw... got a new hub from bt after 15 days and connection still drops.. but i guess that isn't the issue related to this post... thanks anyways for taking some time out and sending over the link... best regards.... ( still an angry customer :-S )
drchandrus
Message 72 of 81

I can understand charges for not making calls, but i have been charged in 3 different ways thats is really a rip

One-off charges

Minimum calls fee

BT Answer 1571

24 Sep 12

The minimum calls have not been made. To avoid future charges, make 6

chargeable or inclusive calls per quarter or more with BT

£3.00

Line Rental Saver - Minimum calls fee

24 Sep 12

The minimum calls have not been made. To avoid future charges, make 6 calls

per quarter or more with BT

£4.50

BT Caller Display

24 Sep 12

The minimum calls have not been made. To avoid future charges, make 6

chargeable or inclusive calls per quarter or more with BT

£8.10

Total one-off charges

£15.60

scaz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 81

This is another money making scheme, along with charging customers for engineers visits, which they are already paying for in the line rental.

The more people that complain about this the more BT will have to sit up and listen!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 74 of 81

Scaz

There is no charge made providing you make the 6 calls per quarter these can be made up from any calls including any call made in your call package they do not have to be chargeable calls as to engineers charges these are raised by Openreach and passed on to not only BT but all other providers they provide service too and charges are only raised if the fault is after the master socket in other words after the test socket any faults found on a visit with internal extensions or customer equipment
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 75 of 81

@ drchandrus you do not have to make 3 sets of 6 calls it is just one set of calls 6 in total
0 Ratings
Noname
Message 76 of 81

I found this forum when trying to find out what justification BT has for making this charge.  Your posting suggests you might belong to BT.  ARe you able to explain why it is there in the small print.  It certainly gives the impression that our dear, solid BT has turned into a bunch of spivs.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 81

@ Noname This is a customer to customer self help forum and like you I am a BT customer like you the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

I suggest you contact live chat at this link they should be able to help you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 78 of 81

@Noname wrote:

I found this forum when trying to find out what justification BT has for making this charge.  Your posting suggests you might belong to BT.  ARe you able to explain why it is there in the small print.  It certainly gives the impression that our dear, solid BT has turned into a bunch of spivs.

Dear old, solid BT was privatised over 25 years ago, allegedly to bring us the benefits of competition. What you think about that is a matter of political opinion; I believed that it was wrong at the time and have seen nothing to change my mind since. If BT have turned into a bunch of spivs, that's the influence of the opposition they've faced.

The minimum call requirement applies to Line Rental Saver and a few other services. BT make no secret of the fact that the charge is to deter customers from taking advantage of low prices for infrastructure while paying another company for their phone and other services. The condition is not buried in the small print - eg it's near the top of this page.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
SA_2012
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 81

BT customer service... they would pass your call around different level departments and would make a lot of promises and then ... you would just wait ... wait... and wait... such a a big name and what a pathetic service ... and this £1.5 charge make no sense...you have to have a landline because of the broadband and then you have to pay an extra charge for not using something which you didn't want in the first place.. I have been facing so many problems with bt line and broadband and i am so sick of calling them ... mostly i use my phone internet coz that is alot more reliable as compare to this BT.
0 Ratings
hatter51
Beginner
Message 80 of 81

Can you image the song and dance that would ensure if Mr Branson was to bill Arriva Trains customers for not choosing to travel via Virgin Trains.

How DO BT justify this surcharge (and all the others)?

0 Ratings