cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

1.8% CPI increase not the supposed 1.3%

I renewed my contract at the start of the year for a new price of £25.99, I did not negotiate a price of £33.99 minus a £8 discount.

I have receive my new April bill and it says 'your regular charges are £34.43', which is simply not true, its £25.99.

bt a april.JPG2020apr bt.JPG

The price has risen from £25.99 to £26.46 which is a 1.8% rise not a 1.3% rise as it should be.

Why should i have to pay a 1.8% price increase when the price i negotiated was £25.99 a month. How bT want to get to that price on their system is not my concern, I do not think it is acceptable.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: 1.8% CPI increase not the supposed 1.3%

the CPI increase is part of T&C  From doing calc It looks like increase is based on non discounted price

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

You haven't been charged @ 1.8% as per the 2nd screenshot posted  they've charged you the month in advance as normal & backdated the cpi rate to 31st March when it came into effect

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

When you negotiate a price the starting point is the full price for the package and then any price you negotiate thereafter is a discounted price from the full price. It is not a change in the package full price.

This will be reflected in your bill. It will show the full price then the discount and then the discounted price you pay.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

When i negotiated the price my contract price was £52.49, why didn't they use that figure and discount it off that figure?

At no point was a price £33.99 mentioned, the negotiation was 'what is your best best you can offer me', I was offered £25.99.

1.3% increase on £25.99 is not £26.46

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

Have you read my earlier post? That & the dates on the screenshot tell you why it is that high this month

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

Your bill will be higher than normal for the reasons made by @garybs29 .

My bill this month was £19.82 up from  £18.99 but the ongoing rate is  £19.49. This is because the prior bill was at the old rates to 20 April which is now reversed and corrected on the latest bill.

This always happens when a price increase arises because everything is billed in advance so there is a small spike each year to adjust for things undercharged when a bill straddles the price rise date.

Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

If @kkkk can wait patiently until the NEXT bill, everything will have regularised and clearer.

I promise to put 47p into Iceland's charity box if this does not happen!

kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

Garybs29.

I hope you are right.

So you are saying they will charge the 1.3% on £25.99, not 1.3% on £33.99?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 10

@kkkk  Download the current bill which will show the new regular ongoing costs.

0 Ratings