cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

£110 reward card declined with 4 months of the 12 month still remaining - lost all the money!

I have my BT reward card in front of me (I signed on the back when it arrived)

Looks like and is a mastercard chip and pin card & says 'Prepaid' on it

£110 on it (for my new fibre broadband bonus) with 12 months to spend it.

Matty installed my FTTP broadband 29/11/19 and I was finally up and running that day

30/06/20 I tried to buy something with it and it declined!

BT tell me its terminated and worthless as I didn't activate the card within three months of receiving it.

They sent me lots of emails about it at first but NO WARNING EMAILS ABOUT ACTIVATION EXPIRY!

whey don't they send this every month?:  "You have yet to activate your reward card we sent you - you have two months left otherwise your £110 valid for 12 months will be taken from you"

Its apparent that a devious scheme has been implemented by BT management to do customers out of the reward by setting up many ‘slip-up’ stages in the card process - all through the various processes of claiming there are timeout clauses to benefit from customers not reading all the text - customers have busy lives and wont read all this so they’ll slip up and we BT will get to keep the reward money 🙂 .

It’s a disgrace and I will never use BT again. I just don’t deal with devious companies.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: £110 reward card declined with 4 months of the 12 month still remaining - lost all the money!

@joejackson wrote:

I have my BT reward card in front of me (I signed on the back when it arrived)

Looks like and is a mastercard chip and pin card & says 'Prepaid' on it

£110 on it (for my new fibre broadband bonus) with 12 months to spend it.

Matty installed my FTTP broadband 29/11/19 and I was finally up and running that day

30/06/20 I tried to buy something with it and it declined!

BT tell me its terminated and worthless as I didn't activate the card within three months of receiving it.

They sent me lots of emails about it at first but NO WARNING EMAILS ABOUT ACTIVATION EXPIRY!

whey don't they send this every month?:  "You have yet to activate your reward card we sent you - you have two months left otherwise your £110 valid for 12 months will be taken from you"

Its apparent that a devious scheme has been implemented by BT management to do customers out of the reward by setting up many ‘slip-up’ stages in the card process - all through the various processes of claiming there are timeout clauses to benefit from customers not reading all the text - customers have busy lives and wont read all this so they’ll slip up and we BT will get to keep the reward money 🙂 .

It’s a disgrace and I will never use BT again. I just don’t deal with devious companies.

Hi @joejackson 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you aren't able to use the BT Reward Card you received included in the package you ordered.  You need to activate the card within 3 months of receiving it.  This is outlined in our terms and conditions here:  BT Reward Card terms and conditions

BT Reward Card Terms

• On receipt you must activate the card within 3 months via the activation code, which will be sent to you by email to the email address provided with your order.
  • The card is a non-reloadable prepaid card with no cash access (ATM or cash back).
  • The card can be used at most merchants which display the Mastercard® acceptance mark until the funds on the card are depleted or until the card expiry date. Unspent funds which remain on the card after expiry date printed on the card cannot be redeemed. The card cannot be used at any Customer Activated Terminals (such as but not limited to pay@pump, toll roads, car parks or train ticket terminals), for subscriptions/automated periodic payments, to withdraw cash via cashback/ATM, foreign exchange bureaus, gambling, or any illegal goods/services.
  • The BT Reward Card offer is open to UK residents only, over the age of 18.
  • Your BT Reward Card is issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the FCA with Firm Reference number 900023; pursuant to license from Mastercard International. Mastercard® and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated. Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd’s company registration number is 05802971 and its registered office is at Westside, London Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP3 9TD.

I can understand the disappointment and I am very sorry about this.  There isn't anything we can I'm afraid as the card wasn't activated within the 3 month period.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings