Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lorddark
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

117gb over limit!

I just checked the usage monitor today (for the first time, as I never even knew it was there due to the poor layout) and it says i'm 117gb over the limit. I did not recieve ANY emails warning me of this! What happens now? (i'm not the bill payer btw)

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: 117gb over limit!

Normally its £5.00 per 5GB once over your download limit option 1 and 2 only option3 speed reduction during peak times looks like a £120.00 excess charge on your bill
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

They add £117 on the bill roughly and you avoid the bill payer like the plaque  except for option 3

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
dieselglider
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

There is a thread over on the 'BB in Home' forum about users on Infinity Option 1 (40GB limit) seeing their usage rocket by maybe 10GB/day, even when it has been more or less idle. Seems to be some sort of serious glitch affecting some users, costing them money.
0 Ratings
lorddark
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the replies.

Another thing i'm annoyed about is BT say they send you a warning before going over your limit to your BT email address. I never had an option to make a BT email address when I set up my connection. So there was no way I could have got email warnings..

0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

The email is made automatically once you join, give them a call on 0800 800 150 and ask for the email address.

0 Ratings