cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Baduz
Message 1 of 8

£125 BT Reward Card - Awful Support

First of all I signed up for a deal (online) with BT for £38.48 a month which includes;

- Infinity 1

- Phone

- Anytime Call Plan

The deal included £125 BT Reward Card (MasterCard). 

Broadband & phone got activated on 26 Apr 2017 (moved from Sky 10+ years). The support from BT has been nothing but poor. With regards to the reward card I could not claim for this online via my BT account (after broadband/phone went live) as it said I'm not elgiable.

This is when alarm bell started ringing. So I contacted BT support got told they had to manually claim this as it didn't go through via the online order. I also got told will be sent registered delivery and will take 20 working days. Then I get told should arrive by 23/05/2017. Then I get told should arrive by 28/05/2017. So 28/05/2017 is over and yet no sign of reward card. I got a response from the BT vouchers team who said it will take 45 workings (which is incorrect as the website clearly states 30 working days). 

I am literally fed up having to go through various phone call, live chat etc chasing up the magic reward card. The last phone call I made was on the 26/05/2017 and the agent on the phone also said it's 45 working days (you can listen to the call record). Happy to supply my details to the BT team here. They escalated my call to level 2 support whom contacted me today (31/05/2017) and said we will call you back tomorrow with an update & most likely the card will need to be re-sent (so another 30 days wait for the magic card).

I have even filled out this chase my voucher form and not even received any sort of detailed information regarding the BT Reward Card.

I personally think these BT Reward Card are scam advertisement in order to get as many customers registered with BT. I for one will not recommend BT to any of my family or friends. I am posting on here for help from BT who deal with situtations like this as no offence the support team over phone/live chat suck. This is my last resort or I will end up sending a written letter to BT CEO Gavin Patterson. 

I stuck my side of the deal, I paid for the activation fee/delivery of router. Paid nearly two months line rental and yet BT can't even hold up on their side of the deal to send out the Reward Card. Seriously I am not waiting another 30 working days for the magic card. Either send this out quicker or deposit £125 in to my bank account (not put towards my upcoming bills), simple as that.

The support has been more, misleading and stressful. I've never dealt with a company that has the worse customer service period.

I am happy to PM my details over.

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: £125 BT Reward Card - Awful Support

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Baduz and welcome.

I'm so sorry the reward card offer has caused you so much stress. It can take between 30 and 45 days for them to be delivered. You've mentioned your case has been escalated to level 2 but I'll be happy to step in and lend a hand if you wish. Just drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Baduz
Message 4 of 8

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch. I have sent you the details via the Contact the Moderators link on your profile. Would like to know what's going on with the reward card.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for confirming that @Baduz.

We deal with cases in turn so once you reach the top of the queue either myself or one of the other moderators will be in touch. I'm sure we'll be able to get this sorted for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Baduz
Message 6 of 8

Thank you.

Will be awaiting for response.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Baduz I've just picked up your email and can see you're complaint is currently with a level 2 manager who has made arrangements to get your rewards card issued and they are due contact you back tomorrow evening after 6pm with an update. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Alicat61
Message 8 of 8

Ditto every thing you've said. They just use the reward scheme to reel-in customers as a glittering "lure", and then make it as difficult as possible to actually claim your reward - otherwise they'd just send it to you - end of story.

That's the illusion I was under when my son set up the account for me and told me it would be sent in the post.I had no reason to disbelieve him, and as weeks went by I was getting a little concerned. Little did I realise that I had to actually search out the relevant section and actually APPLY for the reward card - Lord knows, they weren't going to actually make it easy to get your hand on what you were rightfully promised. And then - it is apparently in the small print that you MUST apply within a 3 month window - and ignorance is no excuse. I was a few days over the limit and informed it was "expired", and rules are rules. Do they really think that if I had any idea how to claim I'd have done it at the beginning as £150 is not to be sniffed at? And from trawling through sites I realise I'm not the only naive customer.

But, I have no intention of giving up as that reward card has my name on it, and us Scots don't like to be hard done by or made a fool of. Good luck to all in the same boat.

0 Ratings