Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judhowe
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

129.99 charge to replace a broken filter

Go to solution

Hi,

I order my BT package in Jan 2018, after countless issues trying to connect up I rang up BT to sort it (as after my own testing of the network I could see nothing wrong), they sent an engineer to my house and he found out that the filter BT had sent me was broken, he replaced this filter and now I can connect up no problem. 

However now in March 2018 BT have decided to bill me 129.99 for replacing this broken filter. Surely this isn't fair? My fault wasn't with me property, sockets, wires or my lack of understanding. Surely this fault is with BT sending out broken equipment?

I have opened a complaint with BT and am awaiting a reply. 

Has anybody else has any similar issues? Was this resolved? Does anybody else think this is unfair? Or are they right to charge me 129.99 for sending broken equipment?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
judhowe
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

I have been charged 129.99 to replace a broken filter which was sent out by BT

Go to solution

Hi,

I order my BT package at the start of January 2018, after some issues to get connected, an engineer came out and found out that the filter which BT had sent me was defective and had to be replaced. After the engineer replaced the filter the connection was fine.

Now in March 2018 BT have decided they are going to charge me 129.99 for this. Surely this fault is not with my property or my lack of understanding to test a connection but with BT sending out dodgey equipment.

Has anybody else had a similar issue? I have contacted BT and somebody is going to get back to me in regards to this. Does anybody else think this is a bit of an unfair charge to throw at someone? Any extra information from people will be greatly appreicated. Thank you.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: I have been charged 129.99 to replace a broken filter which was sent out by BT

Go to solution

The engineer will have reported back to his employer, Openreach,  what he did to resolve your problem and  the charge is then levied by Openreach to BT for repairing any equipment that is inside your property.

I suspect that no information other than the filter was replaced would have been passed on to Openreach's billing department and as such it is chargeable to BT and ultimately the BT customer.

If the filter was faulty and assuming BT accept that it was something they sent to you it may well be the case that the charge will be waived.

As you have already complained to BT all you can do at the moment is wait until BT get back to you

0 Ratings
judhowe
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Re: I have been charged 129.99 to replace a broken filter which was sent out by BT

Go to solution

Thank you very much for your reply.

Just as an update BT have contacted me and have refunded the charge!

0 Ratings