cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: £129.99 service charge

Oh, thanks!

I had the impression by the number of posts, and the helpful/informative response, that you were a member of BT staff!

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

@129 wrote:

Oh, thanks!

I had the impression by the number of posts, and the helpful/informative response, that you were a member of BT staff!

Thanks again

No, just a BT pensioner, after working for them for nearly 42 years Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Many thanks indeed, much appreciated. You should be a consultant with their customer services...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 14

@129 wrote:

Hi and thanks for this.

I've been asking for this information for weeks or possibly months now and it is good to finally have an explanation.

Could you please also say where the wording of this term or condition appears in my contract and where customers are told this - if at all - before they make their contract with BT?

Many thanks

There's a catch-all clause in the BT Personal Terms & Conditions http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF... paragraph 25

You agree to pay all charges for the equipment and the service, including any additional charges detailed in these terms, the Tariff Guide or the Price List, whether you use the service or someone else does. The method of payment will be either as set out in the service terms or as we otherwise agree with you.

And another catch-all section in the Price List http://www.bt.com/pricing/current/Misc_boo/2-0211_d0e1.htm Section 15, Part 7, Subpart 1.

A Visit Charge is raised where BT visits a customer's premises to provide a product or service, but the charge for the visit has not been included in the price of the product or service. A Visit Charge covers the cost of the engineer attending the customer premises only, although where an item of plug-in apparatus is delivered, it would cover the time spent in unpacking and connecting it. Any work carried out over and above this would incur an additional time-related charge (see Section 15, Part 8).

0 Ratings