Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Orbus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

£129 charge after forum Mods arranged engineer visit

Go to solution

Hi, I checked my bill last night and it is showing a £129 charge for a BT engineer to resolve the issues with my BT Infinity speeds as detailed here. To say that this is a bit of a shock would be the understatement of the year. 

The BT engineer that came to fix my speed issue found a fault behind my main box on the wall which must have existed since the house was built as the previous owner had BT broadband and is certainly not of my doing. Can one of the forum moderation team please contact me so that they can look in to this outrageous charge? If it is not possible to remove the charge please cancel my account completely as there is no way that I am paying this when the issue was absolutely nothing to do with me.

Thank you.  

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: £129 charge after forum Mods arranged engineer visit

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Clarification of charges can be found here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/c/

It may be damp penetration that caused it.

Its Openreach that raise the charge, and it applies to all providers, not just BT Retail.

Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @Orbus

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry that you're unhappy with the charge for your recent engineer's visit.  You can see the scenarios when this charge is applied here  >> Engineer charges <<

You can send us over your details and we'll get the team involved who deals with this.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Orbus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks. It was not dampness that was the cause of the problem. There was wires behind the main box in the wall that was causing the slow speeds and the engineer himself said that it was not my fault that the speeds were slow as this was stopping it from getting infinity 2 speeds.

It was absolutely not my fault and if BT insisit on my paying it I will be cancelling my home and office broadband that are both through BT. 

0 Ratings
Orbus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you Robbie, I have filled the form. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Any additional wiring connected prior to you moving in to the house would now become your responsibility.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Orbus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Dave, the forum team have had the charge waived however I am waiting on them refunding it to my bank account as it is showing as a credit on my billing account just now.

0 Ratings
Cazzy1987
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
I may be wrong, but from my previous experiences of refunds from BT it sits in your account and goes against your bills.

I've had a few refunds in the past from them and it has always done the same thing.
Orbus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

The forum Mod who called on Friday said that it will go in my bank account and they will look into it today to ensure that it is paid back to my bank account. I hope that they get the chance to look into this soon as I have more direct debits due this week.

0 Ratings
Cazzy1987
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
Fingers crossed then! Maybe it is something that has to be requested. For us it was fine as it just meant I didn't pay any direct debits to them for 3 months.